“Sauvignon Blanc & Snapper”
Review of Waivino Wine Tours

Small-Group Wine Tasting Experience on Waiheke Island
Ranked #5 of 24 Tours in Waiheke Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Waivino Tours offers a personalised authentic connection with Waiheke Island. An interesting and enjoyable perspective on what is now one of the most talked about destinations in the world. Quality transport, local professional tour guides with insight and the ability to help you find your unique Waiheke experience. We have great relationships with the best of the best wineries and eateries. From 90 minute scenic tours to 4 hour wine tours with small groups of up to 10 people, you will have a fantastic time on waiheke.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 August 2016

A thoroughly enjoyable, personalized tour of Waiheke - including a spontaneous fish 'n chips picnic on Palm Beach. Grant's appreciation of his surroundings is contagious. A spectacular day out!

There are newer reviews for Waivino Wine Tours

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I'd highly recommend doing this tour if you plan on visiting the island. Grant is amazing and does personalized tours. He'll take you wine tasting, olive oil tasting (which I highly recommend), or to some of the best beaches on the island. You really get the authentic Waikeke experience when you spend the day with Grant. You won't regret taking this tour!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Right from booking in until we were dropped back to the ferry home, Grant went above and beyond to ensure we had a fun and enjoyable experience on Waiheke. He tailored the tour to our interests and was very knowledgable about the island making the journey very interesting. Would highly recommend to all and will be sure to return in the near future.

Waivino T, Owner at Waivino Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thanks so much Louise, you guys were so nice and a pleasure to spend time with. We were blessed with the weather and things fell into place nicely. See you next time. All the best. Grant

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I had a fabulous wine tour experience with Waivino a few days ago. Even though I'm a local Aucklander, I don't visit Waiheke often - I'm really pleased I did.

I had friends visiting from Melbourne and Waivino was a perfect wine tour to show off the best that Waiheke has to offer. We visited 4 lovely vineyards - Obsidian, Man O'War, Passage Rock and Te Motu (make sure you have lunch here. Waivino's transportation is modern, clean and I enjoyed the commentary as we were shown some of the best of what Waiheke has to offer.

Highly recommended if you need a day trip from Auckland or staying longer :)

Thanks so much. I real appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I have been very slow in responding, but I am grateful as I am not a huge company and it is all about the personalised experience. If the weather plays the game too, it makes things easier. Cheers Grant

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Our guide Grant had picked us up at Matiatia ferry terminal when we were left with no transport due to the adverse weather and arriving late on the island. Grant was extremely pleasant and accommodated to our schedules, promptly sending us to our hotel before the day ended. He brought us around the island the follow day with prior arrangements and during our tour, introduced us to a brief history of the island and its scenic spots. We enjoyed the 2.5 hour trip around the island, stopping by some beautiful peaks and beaches for photo taking. Grant is very knowledgeable as well and my family and I were very pleased to have him as our guide on Waiheke island. Recommended on your next visit to Waiheke!

I have been so involved with stuff that I haven't taken time to write back to people who have generously taken time to write a review. I know once people return to their busy lives in the real world, it is so easy to forget to do so. You have a lovely family and it was a joy to introduce you to Waiheke Island. We didn't have enough time to explore everything so shall we say to be continued…? Thanks again. Grant