Book In Advance
Tours from Waivino Wine Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews wine tour exceeded our expectations went the extra mile look no further arriving late local guide went above and beyond fun experience passage rock personalized tour delicious lunch onetangi beach awesome tour great guide highly recommend this tour visiting waiheke small group
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I had a fabulous wine tour experience with Waivino a few days ago. Even though I'm a local Aucklander, I don't visit Waiheke often - I'm really pleased I did.

I had friends visiting from Melbourne and Waivino was a perfect wine tour to show off the best that Waiheke has to offer. We visited 4 lovely vineyards - Obsidian, Man O'War, Passage Rock and Te Motu (make sure you have lunch here. Waivino's transportation is modern, clean and I enjoyed the commentary as we were shown some of the best of what Waiheke has to offer.

Highly recommended if you need a day trip from Auckland or staying longer :)

Date of experience: July 2016
Waivino T, Owner at Waivino Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thanks so much. I real appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I have been very slow in responding, but I am grateful as I am not a huge company and it is all about the personalised experience. If the weather plays the game too, it makes things easier. Cheers Grant

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Our guide Grant had picked us up at Matiatia ferry terminal when we were left with no transport due to the adverse weather and arriving late on the island. Grant was extremely pleasant and accommodated to our schedules, promptly sending us to our hotel before the day ended. He brought us around the island the follow day with prior arrangements and during our tour, introduced us to a brief history of the island and its scenic spots. We enjoyed the 2.5 hour trip around the island, stopping by some beautiful peaks and beaches for photo taking. Grant is very knowledgeable as well and my family and I were very pleased to have him as our guide on Waiheke island. Recommended on your next visit to Waiheke!

Date of experience: July 2016

I have been so involved with stuff that I haven't taken time to write back to people who have generously taken time to write a review. I know once people return to their busy lives in the real world, it is so easy to forget to do so. You have a lovely family and it was a joy to introduce you to Waiheke Island. We didn't have enough time to explore everything so shall we say to be continued…? Thanks again. Grant

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Grant was a grest host showing us around Waiheke Island. He is relaxed and flexible allowing you to design your day. As a local, he is well versed with the lay of the land and the very best wineries to visit. We felt warm and welcomed by all. Thank you Grant for a great day. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2016
Waivino T, Owner at Waivino Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Thanks Nicci. Glad you enjoyed the day.

Cheers

Grant

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend this tour around Waiheke. Grant Kidd is the perfect guide. He's friendly, knowledgeable, and customized the stops on the island so we could accommodate lunch reservations at a vineyard. You can't go wrong with Grant!

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Anuradha K
Reviewed 18 December 2015

Had a wonderful time with Grant as our host. The vineyards we visited were fantastic and Grant was a lot of fun! Highly recommend a truly authentic, relaxed and fun experience with Grant.

Thanks Grant and we'll be back after Xmas to experience some other vineyards!

Date of experience: December 2015

Hey Guys. Wai the Heke haven't I seen you guys lately. You guys schooled me on my pronunciation of Te Reo right? I will never forget that. It's almost time for Christmas shopping again. Hope to see you soon. Cheers Grant