Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Tour + lesson

Tried to arrange to tour with lesson for my wife Cecilia who has a bit of riding experience. Liz... read more

Reviewed 9 November 2018
Peter T
via mobile
Awesome and Exhilarating Experience !!

One for the bucket list!! Never having ridden before, the thought of embarking on the Peninsula... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2018
Chris K

Recommended experiences in and around Waiheke Island
from US$97.40
More Info
All reviews beautiful horses an experienced rider riding experience amazing experience new zealand peninsula tour tom cruise making you feel comfortable wonderful ride special memory degree view oysters views are breathtaking bucket list great guide highlight of our trip our honeymoon
Reviewed 13 April 2018

This was a highlight of our trip around the North Island! Liz was fabulous and provided excellent guidance for us two novices. Excellent horses and amazing trek climbing up high to get a 360 degree view of the island. Such a peaceful and relaxing experience. Thanks to Liz and our horses Major and Apache.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I felt safe & competent on a lovely little horse which was the perfect size for me. He was well behaved & responsive. The quick riding lesson before we started was really valuable & Liz's knowledge of the area was huge. I'm definitely going to include Waiheke Horse Tours on all Waiheke visits I make! :-)

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Penelope B
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I booked this trip as a solo traveller and from pick up to drop off Liz was brilliant! She is so friendly and helpful; as a previously experienced rider but having not ridden for a few years (and a couple of bad falls!) I was slightly nervous but Liz made me feel completely at ease. The horse I rode, Marmite, was a gem and we had so much fun! The views are great, horses great and Liz was a great guide. For anyone, whether you’re an experienced rider or fancy giving it a ago for the first time, I can’t recommend them enough! Thanks for a great day Liz!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Reegs24
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This trip was simply outstanding! Liz does such a good job at making you feel comfortable and secure and her horses are wonderful. As a rider you get to see all the wonderful scenery that Waiheke has to offer and you get to do it on a happy and healthy horse that is clearly taken good care of. There is no better way to experience nature than in the saddle. A memory for life. Special thanks to Moss for being awsome :)

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

My sister and I had an excellent time riding horses with Liz and her guides. We got to ride two horses from the Lord of the Rings movies which was the main reason we chose Waiheke Horse Tours. My horse Felix was ridden by Bilbo and Sir Ian Mckellan (as well as Tom Cruise!) The ride itself was wonderful. I couldn’t imagine a more beautiful setting to ride horses into the sunset. I’m not a very experienced rider but Liz made me feel very confident. The two hour peninsula tour absolutely flew by. I think what made this trip stand out also was how friendly Liz and her guides are. It felt more like a fun ride with friends than a lesson. If you are looking to ride horses near Auckland you should absolutely call Liz at Waiheke Horse Tours :)

Date of experience: January 2018