“The best riding in Waiheke”

Waiheke Horse Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique operation on Waiheke Islands unspoilt Far End. This horse tour takes you across "Te Matuku" a private peninsula owned by Sir Rob and Lady Fenwick. Take the coastal trail along the marine reserve, ride in the water if the tide is right and take in the most incredible views you'll ever see. Two tour times daily 10am and 3pm (approx.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I've ridden in a few places in Europe and overseas and enjoyed my treks with Waiheke Horse Tours the most.
Liz is fantastic and the horses are gorgeous, tame and well behaved.
The nature reserve is exceptional with beautiful views.
All in all, strongly recommend - and thank you, Liz! :)
Judit M.

in 16 reviews
"riders"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This was a highlight of our trip around the North Island! Liz was fabulous and provided excellent guidance for us two novices. Excellent horses and amazing trek climbing up high to get a 360 degree view of the island. Such a peaceful and relaxing experience. Thanks to Liz and our horses Major and Apache.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I felt safe & competent on a lovely little horse which was the perfect size for me. He was well behaved & responsive. The quick riding lesson before we started was really valuable & Liz's knowledge of the area was huge. I'm definitely going to include Waiheke Horse Tours on all Waiheke visits I make! :-)

1  Thank Penelope B
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I booked this trip as a solo traveller and from pick up to drop off Liz was brilliant! She is so friendly and helpful; as a previously experienced rider but having not ridden for a few years (and a couple of bad falls!) I was slightly nervous but Liz made me feel completely at ease. The horse I rode, Marmite, was a gem and we had so much fun! The views are great, horses great and Liz was a great guide. For anyone, whether you’re an experienced rider or fancy giving it a ago for the first time, I can’t recommend them enough! Thanks for a great day Liz!

1  Thank Reegs24
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This trip was simply outstanding! Liz does such a good job at making you feel comfortable and secure and her horses are wonderful. As a rider you get to see all the wonderful scenery that Waiheke has to offer and you get to do it on a happy and healthy horse that is clearly taken good care of. There is no better way to experience nature than in the saddle. A memory for life. Special thanks to Moss for being awsome :)