Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best way around waiheke

I was a bit hesitant to book an e bike because I'm not the most experienced cyclist and I had... read more

Reviewed 19 January 2020
AliciaBusa
Cleveland, Ohio
Run ride

Chris at Devonport was fantastically helpful & very knowledgeable. The bikes were great and well... read more

Reviewed 18 January 2020
Tanyamegan

Recommended experiences in and around Waiheke Island
from US$34.93
from US$106.13
from US$135.75
from US$92.06
More Info
All reviews hilly island these guys great fun battery ride ferry cyclists waiheke wineries oneroa instructions
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

Hired three bikes to explore the island.

Staff were very helpful with the e-scooters and the general advice for the island.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had a pretty lucky unlucky day in Waiheke Island. Darlene was awesome checking us in and getting us going with our electric bikes, so easy! 20 minutes into our ride around the island, my derailleur broke off and Greg came all the way out with a replacement bike! Then an hour later, weather conditions were less than ideal and we were on the other side of the island by then. My front tire slid out in a bit of mud and uneven pavement and I fell over into traffic. I ended up twisting my knee and Greg again came to the rescue after a phone call! He found us on the side of the road, drove me to urgent care, helped me track down the on-call doctor, and gave my friends and me a ride to the ferry to get back to Auckland. Greg and Darlene, THANK YOU.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank marissacham
Hotrubber007, Front Office Manager at Bikes & Beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi Marissa,
Glad that you can smile now :) - we just chuffed to have the pleasure of dealing with such nice people. Hope you have a wonderfull next time -
Take care - and see you another time

much love Darleen , Greg And team

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had great service and a beautiful and memorable visit to Waiheke Island today. My teenage son and I rented regular bikes while my wife and daughter rented scooters. Greg provided great service for us. We took in so many beautiful views today! We had a great stop for wine tasting at Stonyridge Winery — the scenery was like a little slice of heaven and the wine was great. Word to the wise — for the average person who does not bike regularly, rent e-bikes! in retrospect my son and I wished we had rented e-bikes as some of the hills are brutal going uphill, especially on the recommended back side of the island loop after a long day of riding. We were exhausted by the end and ended up pushing our bikes up a few big hills. Coming down was always fun though!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We were lucky enough to find Darlene's shop to rent our scooters from. She was the coolest person we've come across on our trip, and made our rental experience that much better. We had the scooters for about four hours which gave us plenty of time to see different parts of the island and hang out at a couple of the wineries. 10/10 would recommend for anyone wanting to rent a bike or scooter and meet a terrific human being.

Date of experience: May 2018
Darleen_Tana, Owner at Bikes & Beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Kia Ora!

Awwww, big lovelies right back at you:) .
Was a joy to meet you and host on our electric scooters

Our island home is very dear to us and we love to share her with our guests
As residents, we're super cognisant of our responsibilities to nourish and protect her though.
That you came and chose to roll out on quiet, fossil-free-flava styles is MASSIVE.
Thank you on behalf of all the island natives (2-wing-ed and 2 leg-ged alike)

Darleen:)

PS: Hope days 3+ of your trip are equally awesome, LOL!

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We spent the Easter Sunday on Waiheke, the plan was to scooter around the island check out the beaches and the vineyards.

We enjoyed riding the scooters so much we didn’t really get off them that much. We went around the whole island and got to see the beautiful scenery that it had to offer and stopped at cloudy bay for a snack and wine.

It was an amazing place I would recommend it to anyone. Must see on bike or scooter only way to get around but make sure it has an engine.

Date of experience: April 2018