All reviews palm beach lovely view privately owned villas the rooms were nice late check dealt with efficiently resort restaurant room upstairs reception staff business trip short walk to the beach great facilities stayed nights long weekend new zealand views shampoo
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We had been invited to Waiheke Island to attend a 60th, and thought that as this could be an all night affair we would book on the resort for a few days afterwards for some R and R. However this was not to be the case. The first thing to note, as previous reviewers have, is that if you are a light sleeper then in a downstairs studio you can hear EVERYTHING. Even a silent fart comes through!! By night 3 I was popping sleeping tabs. This was not what I expected at all. Also there was no vibe at all, restaurant at night mainly empty, ditto breakfast in morning, no cocktail bar and yet they told us resort was full??! I rarely saw anyone walking around the place either. It reminded me of that movie "The Shining" with Jack Nicolson as to me it felt very remote and isolated, being away from the main village etc. We also had some noisy folk upstairs and asked to be moved as with footsteps and noise around midnight it was too much for us. (The Managers actually apologised to us on vacating for this not so nice experience - a nights refund would have been good as we had paid $250 per night..). The stairs to reception were very difficult, and being asthmatic I struggled with this and wonder how disabled people, people even older than me, would get on here. Also the restaurant meals - apart from the awesome pancakes at brekky! - were ordinary. My pork belly dish, was dried up pork, thrown into a salad dowsed in dressing. I am also pretty sure (as other writers have noted), that unless I missed something there was nothing in the room re. what to do on the island. We were interested in a winery tour and a brochure promoting other businesses on the island would have been good for the local economy overall. The pool area could have been enhanced by potted palms etc and more loungers. Admittedly the place is still being renovated. (This seems to have taken a while and lounging by the pool which we wanted to do was not pleasant either due to the reno noise, we took off to the local Palm Beach, which is an island highlight I hasten to add). On the plus side views were great, rooms very clean and the staff were all pleasant. I am a Kiwi by birth and sort of embarrassed about the overall impression of the place for overseas guests. As in general tourism industry in NZ is fairly top class.

Room Tip: Definitely upstairs with a view so you don't hear the clomping around!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ambarry61
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous evening of superb jazz with Mike Field and supporting musicians who were also outstanding, at Waiheke Island Resort. The show was held in the dining room, newly renovated, with stunning panorama of Palm Beach. The meal served during the show was sensational - loved the pairing of duck confit with rhubarb, John Dory fish cooked to perfection with a generous serving of fresh asparagus. The staff were so friendly, attentive and helpful. Thanks to all for a perfect evening :-).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2017

This motel was good value for a family of four in a two bedroom apartment. It is reasonably modern with comfortable beds, and the villas are private and feature fabulous views towards Palm Beach. The staff were friendly at check-in. The only criticism was the apartment could have been more thoroughly cleaned - the bottom of the shower door was grimy, there were a few hairs floating around the tiled floor, and there were a few food stains on the kitchen floor under the louvre doors.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay at the actual resort but in some attached privately owned villas.

The restaurant was 10 steps from our villa so we decided to eat dinner there

The salmon was cooked to perfection. We had an appetizer too (which I forget ) but that too was heavenly!

The palace wasn't that busy. Surprising given how wonderful it was. With spectacular views of Palm Beach

Laurie, our waitress from France, was amazing. We had a great time and enjoyed great service.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kiwimatic
Reviewed 13 January 2017

This accommodation consists of separate apartment type units. They are lovely and spacious. Breakfast was very good. Even though we were a bit unlucky with the weather, we still enjoyed the beautiful pool. It is quite a hike from some of the apartments to breakfast in the morning!! Overall this was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family