The Shed Te Motu
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual, garden-to-plate eating in a relaxed vineyard setting.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We got over to Waiheke on the Friday night in time to book in at Te Motu for their Friday fish feast.
What a treat, its a set menu and was fine dinning cuisine at it best, the flavours of our eel and with beetroot nudi were amazing as was the kingfish for the main. Excellent value for a meal of this level. I should also mention that while the Te Motu wines are pricy they are also outstanding.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

The set seafood menu on friday night was excellent. Kingfish as a main, that was delicious. Great redwine, -definitely go for their reds, not white. They are a bit pricey, but worth it.
Very friendly service. Overall a great start into the weekend. We would like to come back for this friday seafood menu. so good!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Our first visit to New Zealand so we went over to Waiheke Island one day on the ferry and a pop on and off pass for the bus. We had Te Motu on our list so on the advice of the guide got off at the right stop #4. We had a pleasant and quiet walk to the shed through the vineyards. It was a quiet day so it was easy to find a seat in the simply designed "shed". We ate lightly. My husband had octopus which he loved. One friend that we sent a photo to said it looked menacing. Not being enthused about the idea of octopus, too many legs and apparently very intelligent, I chose beetroot gnudi, or as they explained gnocchi, which was delicious with the reddish gnocchi and yellow cooked beetroot and if I remember correctly a light smattering of goats cheese and greens. We added a salad of greens and roasted quinoa. The "greens" were very interesting, most unrecognisable to me but tasty. The pleasant waiter explained that they were grown specifically for the salad and picked every day mostly at an early stage of growth. We had coffee and after such a fine meal I asked what their coffee was like being a serious espresso type drinker. The waiter was very patient and I said that I would try it and i gave my opinion, not bad but a bit too bitter for me. The dishes were very creative. I asked about the chef's background and was told "the school of hard knocks" but that she had also worked with one of the finest chefs in New Zealand. Top marks for such creative dishes. We thought the price for the meal was very fair.

1  Thank wendyb11934
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A restaurant where you won't know everything on the menu, but you can bet what ever it is, it will taste great. We have visited a number of times and it is our favourite restaurant on 'The Rock'. Great wines, fantastic food and the best staff. A relaxed atmosphere makes it a must to visit. Five stars all the way!

1  Thank 359petercharlesm
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This was absolutely fantastic, did the wine tour with Wayne. Then lunch at The Shed.
Excellent!
Just needed a hammock to rest in after our lunch. The meals are excellent, I had the lamb shoulder and didn't have to share with my husband!!!!
Excellent staff, fantastic fantastic fantastic, great way to spend the day.