“Absolutely fabulous!”

The Shed Te Motu
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual, garden-to-plate eating in a relaxed vineyard setting.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Just wow! My new fave on Waiheke. Fabulous food; service and of course wine. We arrived a little early (20 minutes) and unfortunately they couldn't seat us so they sent us up for a wine tasting. So...this is the first thing that stops me giving them a 5/5. We were charged for the wine tasting (actually - we bought wine so it was waived). And I understand why they charge for tasting - but there could be a way to do a "discounted" tasting for those who dine and spend significant $'s. It also meant that after we enjoyed the tasting we were late for our table - which wasn"t a problem for the restaurant , but it was for us as we had a Ferry booking that couldn't be changed. So again...some managing of time? The restaurant could have called up to the Cellar and said our table was ready? We could have finished the tasting at the restaurant...something?

So...we rushed. and you can at this place but I so want to go back and do it leisurely . The food was fabulous and so was the service. It is "family friendly" and there were a few badly behaved children but as a parent I appreciate really nice places that I could take my kids to...I just wish those parents managed their kids a little better!

The Octopus small plate...we shared. It was incredible. I will go back just for that. The one is hugely expensive but awesome. Not a "cheap date" but not fine dining.

After reading reviews here I see they they do the small places at the cellar door. That wasn't obvious. We also booked - which I recommend - as it was fathers day. That all being said - I really really recommended this place...just hope they can tidy a few things up..

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

After wine tasting at Te Motu cellar door, we decided to try The Shed. We were initially planning to just get a couple of small plates at the cellar door, but chose to try the restaurant as the same small plates were available, as well as many other options. We are so pleased we did as the meal (a very late lunch) was quite fabulous. Crispy pig's head, cured salmon (both "small plates") and a couple of sides including a plate of smokey roast potatoes were quite delicious, and all the more enjoyable looking over the vineyards on a wet and cool afternoon. All in all a great day out.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Superb food. Every dish was a true flavour experience. Amazing friendly staff. Lovely vineyard setting. Well worth the visit.

Craig B, General Manager at The Shed Te Motu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Joste

Many thanks for the great review. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Located in a beautiful location looking out over the vines. The small plates were superb. Can highly recommend the Celeriac Malfatti with Blue cheese, crispy pigs head, smoked venison tartare. The 2016 Rose is not on the menu but was wonderful.

Craig B, General Manager at The Shed Te Motu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Grant

Appreciate the review - thanks for joining us for your lunch experience.
It was great that you had a chance to try the Rose 2016 - one of the very last bottles left

Regards

Craig

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I went there after been on a wine tasting tour of the island. I had read and heard about the shed and it did not disappoint. The service was very good and there is a good and interesting menu to chose from. I would recommend booking ahead, as it is popular and it is not a big restaurant. It is a little bit pricey but the food and wine is very good

Hi Irish_Kiwi77

Many thanks for the review - yes we are a very popular venue so it was great to be able to host you

Kind regards