Lowest prices for your stay
$131
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
$105
Fully refundable before Wed, 29 May
No fees just great deals
aml888
San Francisco, California

Large rooms and gorgeous views

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Mar 2024
We really loved this motel. We stayed two nights, on either end of walking the Queen Charlotte Track. The managers were so nice and stored our bags for us during our walk.

Both of our rooms were huge with a very comfortable bed and couch. We also had a lovely balcony with a beautiful view of the harbor and sounds (best from our first room which was on the top level and still pretty great from our second room one level down). The little kitchenette was perfect for making tea and coffee in the morning before we wandered down to town for breakfast (the Village Bakeriji is the BEST!). One thing to note: there is no AC but we kept the windows open at night and the breeze off the water cooled things down.

The location is excellent, just a 3-4 minute walk to restaurants and the water taxis. We didn't have a car with us but they do have free onsite parking. The driveway is a bit steep.

One fun note: the TV package that they have includes an MTV 80s channel. It was a fun find and we enjoyed watching it.
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Get a room on the top level for the best views!
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
$351
    $351
0.2 km from Harbour View Motel Picton
Fiji or Picton? There's not alot of difference, this is a minutes walk from your room
$115
    $94
    $102
0.5 km from Harbour View Motel Picton
Pool
A local walk from the hostel
    $68
    $224
    $360
View more hotels in Picton
1,108 results
All reviews great view top floor two bedroom apartment comfortable bed stayed longer great room sky tv easy walk town centre stayed nights balcony motel noddy ferry hosts kitchenette driveway
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2024

Good size room with a super view. Beds were comfy. Good blackout curtains. We were offered milk on arrival. However that’s where the positive ends. Receptionist needs to practice a warm welcoming smile and not look like we had interrupted their viewing of the loud episode of the tipping point which we clearly had. Human hair on the bed throw. Bathroom was a good size but shower needs replacing now. Socket point covers were yellowing and need replacing now. This might sounds petty but it is a cheap win. In summary yhe room was basic (which is fine) and shabby in places. We paid $266 for this room compared to $315 in kaiteriteri for a two bedroom two bathroom apartment with a balcony. More fool us. And yes parking is tricky but doable. Won’t be returning.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2024 via mobile

A great sized room but in need of some updating as looking very tired. However, absolutely fine and functional for a night and very clean. Bed was comfy and plenty of space to move around.
Yes parking is up a slope but if you can drive properly it shouldn't be an issue so ignore the other reviews complaining about it.
Picton is a lovely little town and plenty of place to eat. We ate in Oxleys which was superb!

Reviewed 14 February 2024 via mobile

As other reviews have mentioned, the view is excellent and provides entertainment to watch what is happening in the harbour. The rooms are large and comfortable. We had room 5 which is mid level so I would imagine the higher you go, the better the view.
The managers are on site to sort out any issues and are very friendly. Yes the driveway is steep but walking it first to ascertain what parking spaces are free, is advisable. To get the view, it’s worth it. We would stay here again.

3  Thank PJswan
Reviewed 5 February 2024 via mobile

The view is fantastic. But the rest of the place needs some improvement and refreshing. Carpets should be replaced, and parking is very Difficult to get in and out of the lot. Good place to use if you want to visit the Queen Charlotte track for a day. Several restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 26 January 2024

I enjoyed my stay here once I actually got into my room. Those very steep driveways, yikes! They felt nearly vertical. When you're walking with 30kg of luggage as a solo traveller up those driveways, what a nightmare.

The view from my room was amazing and I loved watching the comings and goings on the harbour. I loved sitting on the deck with a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers watching the sun set. Although it was spoilt a bit by my next door neighbours cigarette smoke drifting my way.

I didn't realise how far the walk was from the train station and the harbour to this motel, otherwise I probably would have stayed elsewhere, but that being said, my stay was comfortable and the price when I booked was reasonable. I did find I got overcharged when I arrived which I questioned, and then my rate was changed to the booking.com rate I had locked in months ago. Beautiful breezes, they provided me with a fan for the room as I was concerned I"d get hot, (there is no aircon) but I didn't end up needing it. While the decor is older style and I barely fitted into my shower, I did enjoy my stay. My bed was really comfortable and there was plenty of space in the room.

Be mindful if you don't have a hire car and you're walking from the interislander ferry or from the train. It's a pretty big walk if you have a lot of luggage like I did, and then very large steep hills once you get to the motel. My knees were absolutely shot by the time I got to my room. Without luggage the walk to restaurants isn't too bad, but with luggage, it's not much fun, if you aren't overly mobile, probably not the place to stay for you. I also had fun going up those hills once I'd had a very tipsy day on the bus to the Marlborough wine region, so be careful when walking back up those driveways :)

Date of stay: November 2023