Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DMW

The view is amazing, the rest so-so

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Feb 2024via mobile
The view is fantastic. But the rest of the place needs some improvement and refreshing. Carpets should be replaced, and parking is very Difficult to get in and out of the lot. Good place to use if you want to visit the Queen Charlotte track for a day. Several restaurants in the area.
Date of stay: February 2024
0.1 km from Harbour View Motel Picton
No prepayment needed
0.3 km from Harbour View Motel Picton
Free parking
Fiji or Picton? There's not alot of difference, this is a minutes walk from your room
0.3 km from Harbour View Motel Picton
Free parking
A local walk from the hostel
$75
    $146
0.1 km from Harbour View Motel Picton
View more hotels in Picton
1,108 results
All reviews great view top floor two bedroom apartment comfortable bed stayed longer great room sky tv easy walk town centre stayed nights balcony motel noddy ferry hosts kitchenette driveway
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2024

I enjoyed my stay here once I actually got into my room. Those very steep driveways, yikes! They felt nearly vertical. When you're walking with 30kg of luggage as a solo traveller up those driveways, what a nightmare.

The view from my room was amazing and I loved watching the comings and goings on the harbour. I loved sitting on the deck with a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers watching the sun set. Although it was spoilt a bit by my next door neighbours cigarette smoke drifting my way.

I didn't realise how far the walk was from the train station and the harbour to this motel, otherwise I probably would have stayed elsewhere, but that being said, my stay was comfortable and the price when I booked was reasonable. I did find I got overcharged when I arrived which I questioned, and then my rate was changed to the booking.com rate I had locked in months ago. Beautiful breezes, they provided me with a fan for the room as I was concerned I"d get hot, (there is no aircon) but I didn't end up needing it. While the decor is older style and I barely fitted into my shower, I did enjoy my stay. My bed was really comfortable and there was plenty of space in the room.

Be mindful if you don't have a hire car and you're walking from the interislander ferry or from the train. It's a pretty big walk if you have a lot of luggage like I did, and then very large steep hills once you get to the motel. My knees were absolutely shot by the time I got to my room. Without luggage the walk to restaurants isn't too bad, but with luggage, it's not much fun, if you aren't overly mobile, probably not the place to stay for you. I also had fun going up those hills once I'd had a very tipsy day on the bus to the Marlborough wine region, so be careful when walking back up those driveways :)

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2024

THs was the second time we stayed here and I think it is not average, but I would consider it a good motel. But not very good. The rooms are spacious and the view is marvellous. It is lovely to sit on the deck, but then there is downside if your neighbours are smoking on the deck. As this is allowed. Parking is also quite difficult. I would still recommend this motel. Although in saying this, I think the price should not go up more. 275 a night is already quite steep.

Room tip: I would not book room 1 again, as there is less privacy due to the deck of the neighboring room.
Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 25 November 2023

A bit older motel but very comfortable. Brilliant views over the harbour. Within walking distance of the town as we didn’t have a car at that stage. The driveway up to the rooms is very steep but was worth it for the view

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

We were lucky that our room had deck with small table and chairs that you could sit and watch was happening in the harbour of Picton. The room was spacious and very clean, comfortable bed with electric blanket if needed. Small kitchen that had what you would need

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2023

The only good point about this place is the view. The units are tired tatty and dated. The entry exit and parking is diabolcal bordering on being dangerous. Beware of the onsite parking warden her bite is worse than your nieghbours dog.Needs a few lessons on manners and diplomecy.WE booked 2 nights and chose to move to more satisfactory accomodation for the second night as we didnt want to risk being trapped in as we had an early boat to catch. Beware of overcharging at this place .Official website $145 per night charged $239.Overcharge of$192.70 including card fee.Not sure if this practice would stand up to scrutiny from the Commerce commision and thr Fair trading act.I would definitly not reccomend this place..Far better options in Picton.

Room tip: Our vehicle has park assist and front and rear camera and objected trying to park where we were ordered to park
Date of stay: April 2023