“Yummy chicken and fish”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Lunch was superb! We ordered fried chicken and fish of the day. Serving was grand and presentation was appealing. Got this home-cooked feel to it.

Service was quick and even went the extra mile in answering to our request. We felt well taken care of. Now that's personal touch!

Prices were reasonable.

We will definitely go back. This is home-cooked food from far away.

Date of visit: February 2017
Gina W, Owner at DA's Barn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your meal at our place. Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Had breakfast and dinner at Barn. The breakfast was good, the dinner exceptional. Whitebait was in the menu and even though we knew it was out of season and would be frozen we decided to try it. A perfect whitebait omelette was served, more whitebait than egg - it was delicious. This restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: February 2017

I am glad you enjoyed both your meals with us. We strive to serve great food at reasonable prices and it is always nice to know that our customers recognise that.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I wanted variety! There was so much seafood to choose from in the area, this seemed the perfect mix for me. I had the seafood platter, and the fried fish was crispy, the smoked salmon divine, and the mussels tasty like ocean. Calamari rings and wrapped prawns also had great flavor and it came with enough salad to balance the fried items. Hope to eat here again!

Date of visit: January 2017

Thank you for your appreciative comments. We do hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

My motel recommend the barn cafe . When I walked in the lady behind the bar couldn't understand what I was saying when I asked to open a tab for drinks and a meal. I thought here we go . Lucky another staff member joined in n and sorted that. Then the same lady leaned over 2 customers without an excuse me , to get a menu for me . The customer looked very shocked, as was I.
The. Ribs were very tasty but small . I should have read the comments and the response from the owner. Seems like they keep on saying if there is a problem , say something. Well a lot of others have said service is a problem, the owners now need to do something about it.

Date of visit: February 2017

I have made all our staff aware of your feedback. We cannot always achieve the standards we strive for but we do keep striving. I agree that some other have made similar comments but you must also agree that most of our customers have had only good things to say about us.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Good plain food for reasonable prices. The roast lamb dinner was hot and well portioned. Tables were reserved which people never turned up to which restricted choice of seating.

Date of visit: February 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Unfortunately we cannot control the situation when customers do not arrive for their reservations but we are now aiming to release tables within a shorter time after reservation time.