“Great Seafood!”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I wanted variety! There was so much seafood to choose from in the area, this seemed the perfect mix for me. I had the seafood platter, and the fried fish was crispy, the smoked salmon divine, and the mussels tasty like ocean. Calamari rings and wrapped prawns also had great flavor and it came with enough salad to balance the fried items. Hope to eat here again!

Date of visit: January 2017
Gina W, Owner at DA's Barn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you for your appreciative comments. We do hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

My motel recommend the barn cafe . When I walked in the lady behind the bar couldn't understand what I was saying when I asked to open a tab for drinks and a meal. I thought here we go . Lucky another staff member joined in n and sorted that. Then the same lady leaned over 2 customers without an excuse me , to get a menu for me . The customer looked very shocked, as was I.
The. Ribs were very tasty but small . I should have read the comments and the response from the owner. Seems like they keep on saying if there is a problem , say something. Well a lot of others have said service is a problem, the owners now need to do something about it.

Date of visit: February 2017

I have made all our staff aware of your feedback. We cannot always achieve the standards we strive for but we do keep striving. I agree that some other have made similar comments but you must also agree that most of our customers have had only good things to say about us.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Good plain food for reasonable prices. The roast lamb dinner was hot and well portioned. Tables were reserved which people never turned up to which restricted choice of seating.

Date of visit: February 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Unfortunately we cannot control the situation when customers do not arrive for their reservations but we are now aiming to release tables within a shorter time after reservation time.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Very cute Irish bar. We had the green lipped mussels and the hot pot. Mussels were perfect..the broth they were in was delicious. Hot pot was very tasty. The garlic bread here is amazing! Best I've ever had. Friendly and efficient service.

Date of visit: February 2017
Gina W, Owner at DA's Barn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

A group of us had a meal here in January. We felt the place charged restaurant prices for essentially very basic, small, pub meals, most of which were not made on the premises. The service was lacking with an uninterested waitress for whom English was a second language. The TV beside us showing what our food should be was disturbing.
There's better places in Picton so I wouldn't go again.

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Dannel

I am sorry that you found the quality of our food lacking contrary to what most of our customers tell us. However I would point out that ALL our food is prepared in our own kitchens and no-one has EVER found our portions to be small.