Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$48
Free cancellation until 10/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$45
Agoda.com
US$45
Free cancellation until 10/12/21
All reviews one night queen charlotte track spa pool private room well equipped kitchen hostels
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I loved my stay at the Villa, even though I didn't stay very long.
I had to check in after desk-hours, and the service worked out just fine and the personal was very friendly.
My room (mixed 4-bed-dorm) was simple, but it had everything I needed. The bathrooms were good, the only thing that sucked for me a little but was having to walk outside to get to a bathroom (and I was in NZ during the winter), but since a lot of hostels and lodges have that it wasn't too bad.
They also provided a simple yet free breakfast (what esle can a backpacker ask for, ey?!)
And I did see the hottubb, but didn't use it – again: wintertime ;)

Reviewed 14 August 2016

The Villa is a lovely backpackers with a real home like atmosphere. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and tidy. The decor is a little bit dated and would definitely benefit from a very light re-vamp. I would, however, stay again in a flash and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Picton.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in this lovely BBH... Everything is so made with love, you feel like on Christmasday at Grannys. In the evening we got apple crumble for free and even breakfast in the morning for free. The kitchen is very clean and there are enough bathrooms and toilettes. The living room with the warming fire invites for cheating with the others in the evening. The staff is very friendl and helpful.
The best Backpackers for a low-cost price!!!
Thanks for the wonderful atmophere and a great time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The check-in service was okay I guess but the staff seemed too interested in talking and entertaining each other than they did with us or any of the other guests. We were greeted to off duty staff drinking and socialising in the hot tub, talking about which guys they're going to be with next and so on and so forth.

Parking seemed a bit of a problem, since I was leaving at 6am the following morning to catch the ferry I didn't want my car to be blocked in yet they seemed adamant that I had to park my car further up the drive to allow people to park behind me. If the other guests weren't catching the first ferry how would I be able to move their car in order to get mine out?

The room was average, just standard backpacker metal bunks, nothing fancy. The bathroom was slightly below average, clean enough but looked like it needed a bit of a makeover. Same goes for the kitchen, barely useable as there wasn't much in there. It looked like it had been robbed of all it's utensils and mugs. Drinking a brew out of a mug with a broken handle was a treat.

There are certainly worse hostels than this in NZ, but it's a long shot from being one of the best. Hopefully YHA will invest some money in this place because it has real potential to match it's charm.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I spent 2 nights in June (winter) in this very cozy, full of character and comfortable place. Free apple crumble was served at 8 pm so everyone gathered in the fire heated living room. The hosts dropped me at the boat pier as it was raining. It's a really short distant walk from the pier, one street away from Picton's main street and harbour and right next to an amazing bakery :)

Date of stay: June 2016