Review Highlights
Great day and one to remember from our trip.

Heather our guide/driver was so knowledgeable about the wineries and the local connections. We will... read more

Reviewed 15 February 2020
NannaAdventures
Russ

Took a tour off the boat using this company. They did a fantastic job. We went to 3 wineries in... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2019
668russellc
Wadsworth, Ohio
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were a group of six in Marlborough wine region for a weekend and Lynn was our driver. She transferred us from the train in Blenheim to our hotel, toured wineries the next day, and got us to the Picton ferry terminal on Sunday. In short, she's the one you want. Safe driver, worked with us to find wineries that we would enjoy (and never would have found on our own), and was a pleasure to be around. By the time we left Sunday, it felt like we were saying goodbye to a good friend. When we go back to Marlborough, Marlborough Shuttle (tours) will be the folks we use.

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Picton was one of four ports in New Zealand on our 17 night Australia and New Zealand cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. We had a short day in port, beginning at 1:00 and departing at 6:00 pm. It was also our first port so the process of getting off the ship for many was a new experience.

The Picton port is a working port with lumber everywhere so patience is needed in navigating the best place to wait for a tour shuttle. Our leader wisely suggested that the ten of us meet on the ship and proceed off the ship as a group. We also learned it is important to get in line early to depart as an independent group of cruisers.

The tour was arranged for a group of 10 by another cruiser. NIcci was our driver and tour leader. She packed a lot into the short afternoon, stopping at four wineries and a chocolate factory for a quick sweet sample. Nicci is knowledgeable about the area and its wineries and provides interesting and informative commentary throughout the tour. We would not hesitate to recommend Nicci and Marlborough Tours.

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank travelmuse1
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our group of ten were on a cruise ship with a short stop in Picton (1:00 TO 6:00) and we wanted a personalized tour of the Marlborough wine region with as much as we could fit in the 4 hours available. After corresponding with Marlborough Tours I was convinced they were the best for the job.

Lynn picked us up shipside at 1:30 and we zoomed to Marlborough, before a few miles I knew we were going to have a good time. Our first stop was Seresin and by then Lynn seemed more like friend than a tour guide. We also visited Gibson Bridge, Wairau River, and Natutlius. Then I asked for specific winery (Huia) that wasn’t on her list, she called them and got us in. Lynn knew the region and the wineries.

She got us back to the ship a little around 5:20 , so in a little less than 4 hours we covered 5 wineries and made back to ship with time to spare. When we finally departed, it was like leaving one of traveling buddies behind.

I would highly recommend Marlborough Tours, and ask for Lynn (she and her husband own the company) and if you’re luck she’ll be availble.

Date of experience: February 2014
2  Thank Bill A
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was the 3rd wine tour we did in NZ and it was good to see and taste the difference between Marlborough wines compared with other regions (Waiheke and Bay of Islands were the others we did). Kevin our guide was friendly and knowledgable and a good driver (important as I'm an anxious passenger). We visited 5 wineries and Kevin seemed to know what we wanted as he ended with a visit to a superb 'champagne' type winery (or methode champenoise if you want to be precise, this not being France...). We stopped for lunch and again Kevin chose the right place as we only wanted a platter rather than a full lunch. Very enjoyable; we did the medium tour and I think this was sufficient - not sure how anyone can do a longer tour and still be standing!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My friend and I were lucky enough to be the only two people on a full day wine tour. Coming from South Australia and loving our Barossa & McLaren Vale Wines, I was so impressed with the wineries that Nicci chose for us. Myself being a big Cloudy Bay fan, it was excellent to finally visit the home of my favourite Sauv Blanc.

Nicci knew everything about the area too and kept us entertained throughout the whole day and she was an absolute pleasure to tour with. Friendly and she asked what sort of wines we liked so she was able to tailor the day to our palate. Just awesome. I couldn't recommend Nicci enough. Everyone in the area knew her which made it feel that much more special.

Nicci realised my love for taking photos and allowed us the time to take in the stunning views and even took a detour on the way home to a lookout to take some more photos.

This really was a wonderful day out and I would encourage anyone visiting the area to give Nicci a call and arrange a tour. Personal and friendly service that will leave you smiling and feeling very satisfied after a great day of tasting some of the beautiful wines the Marlborough Region has to offer.

Thanks again Nicci, you will be seeing me again one day!!

Date of experience: May 2013