Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from E-Ko Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience E-Ko Tours
from US$115.50
More Info
All reviews swim with the dolphins hector dolphins fur seals motuara island partial refund cookies wild animals bird sanctuary dolphin tour these beautiful creatures fantastic morning saw lots of wildlife great trip booked this tour marlborough sounds nature cruise amazing experience
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Great little vessel with indoor seats to take us on a four hour wildlife tour through the malbrorough sounds to motuara island. Penguins, gannets and fur seals were all spotted at the beginning of our tour while we also received lots of amazing, insightful knowledge about the islands and wildlife. There was no huge expectation that we would definetly see dolphins so it was a huge thrill when we spotted a small pod of hector's dolphins.
I personally found the walk to the viewing platform on the island fairly easy, however I think it would have been great to have been recommended to wear trainers when i made my booking - I would have felt heaps better in track pants and my runners. The views were stunning and the birds were quite adorable - especially the southern hemipshere robin.
The warm drink on the way back was appreciated, but the thrill of seeing some dusky dolphins jumping was even better!
One of the most knowledgable wildlife tours I've been on.

1  Thank Seonaid M

Kia ora ,

Thanks for the great feedback , it was an amazing trip and look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I adore the Sounds and have come several times to walk, and the views from the boat were as stunning as ever.
Admittedly we were disappointed not to swim with any dolphins, especially the children, but we know that's just the way things go.
However, we also found the staff unapproachable and our questions seemed almost irritating. It was a shame to lose some of the magic from the surroundings.

Paul K, General Manager at E-Ko Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Kia Ora ,

Thanks for the feedback sorry we cannot control the dolphins yes the sounds are an amazing backdrop to be looking for wildlife.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I joined approximately 25 other people (including children) for a half day searching for dolphins to swim with. The weather was perfect and we were suited up by the lovely staff at the office before boarding the boat with the skipper and his boat hand. Both were very nice and helpful to all on board. We cruised around searching and had 4 drop points when we found dolphins. The viewing was fantastic as we found a lot of dolphins who were happy to come close to the boat. The swimming was fun and i had a few glimpses of the dolphins who became a little shy once we got in the water. Different to what i expected (i had visions of many dolphins swimming in and around the group) but still heaps of fun in the swim while we all made terrible music through our snorkles. Highly recommend for a good day out.

Kia ora ,

So nice to hear you enjoyed the tour .

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I've taken secondary school groups out with Eko Tours to look at whaling history and I've been out with my wife to the bird sanctuary. They offer a lot of options, including swimming with dolphins, and I like the conservation slant that the establishment has. Hot drink and cookies are usually served which is a nice touch

1  Thank CallumW15

Kia ora ,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

This was a really relaxing but informative day out. The boat was great, Paul (skipper) and David (guide) were laid back and friendly. In no time they had found a pod of 20 or so dolphins. No matter what you've heard, it is still a bit magical to have them swimming and leaping around you in the wild. David was a great guide ... even if he was a Brit! ... and it was good to see how passionate New Zealand is about conservation.

Paul K, Manager at E-Ko Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Ha, funny Yes David is a great guide and and good to see you found we are all passionate about our wild life , thanks for the review .