Open today: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM

from US$93.28
from US$15.29
from US$2,048.53
1,295 results
All reviews josie martin entrance fee steep driveway mosaic art mosaic work amazing garden giant house alice in wonderland every corner every turn grand piano magical place per adult hard work take your time bed and breakfast well worth the visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

We turned up, walked up the hill with 5 small children and 3 adults at 1:46 to be told that it was closed. The very small sign on the steps up do say that last entry is at 1:45. We were told it was closed. Disappointed children, I suggested they could at least stand and have a look from the ticket office only to be told no, there were not permitted to stand there.

The attitude of the staff was very disappointing. I get that they had a closing time, and a last entry but I think it was foolish of her to not even allow us to come through quickly. It would have been an easy $125 dollars for them. As that was how much we would have paid to have a look through their garden.

Very disappointing experience all round.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 3 June 2021

We are so glad we were told to go to the Giants House!!! WOW!!!!! This place is absolutely incredible! The mosaic art & gardens are absolutely stunning! Loved the passion & work that's gone into these works of art. Lovely french music playing. I felt like we were in Barcelona or France!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 31 May 2021

This garden is worth the visit. I have been to Akaroa many times and never visited. World class. Incredibly pretty garden and mosaics. Such talent and a beautiful old house as well.

Reviewed 20 May 2021

My sister and I loved the Giants House. The mosaics and the garden are wonderful, so much work and creativity. So glad we did this.

Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

Had considered going other times with the family but at $22 each adult decided against it & the males had no interest. Went with a group of ladies & omg it was AMAZING!!

The views, the sound of the birds, the eclectic mosaics, the music playing, the house, the free fejoas, the colors we all absolutely loved it!!!