“Convenient location, I-Site Center and Convenient Store nearby. Friendly staff. Free WIFI(limited)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Akaroa
Chez la Mer Backpackers
Ranked #13 of 24 Speciality Lodging in Akaroa
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 May 2015

My ensuite room is facing the main street of Akaroa. Since it is not peak season, it is not crowded and not noisy at night. Room is tiny but cozy. might have problem to open ur luggage if it is big. And the communal area and kitchen is just steps away. I could smell smoke from the kitchen even with door close. And that night, a bunch of backpackers r playing card and making noise till almost 11pm. Luckily I'm not somebody who is sleeping early too. So instead of staying in the room and can't get sleep, I sit in the communal area and surfing net. ^-^
Convenient location, I-Site and 4 Square is just around the corner. Some restaurant within walking distance too.
With heater. Hot bag were provided for additional warm if necessary. Full equipped kitchen. 500mb WIFI FREE. Nice postcard of the hotel for souvenir. Friendly staff.
Overall, I quite enjoy my stay here.

Room Tip: get room further away from kitchen and communal area, even i close my door i can still smell the smo...
  • Stayed April 2015, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Malaysia
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I had booked the queen ensuite room. Upon arrival, I was shown to the room by a friendly staff and was very impressed with the decor and overall warm and comfortable feeling of the place. The queen ensuite room also has a single bed, so the room is great for three guests. However, the space was not very large so opening large suitcases here would be tricky.

We were on the second floor, right next to the main road, so expect some level of noise, but it did not bother me at all. In fact I quite appreciated being able to see our car parked along the road outside and to watch the goings-on. It was a nice walk to the main part of town, where we could go for our meals. Along the way there were some souvenir shops, including a post office, which was great. There was also a convenience store nearby.

The ensuite was a bit small, with just enough room for one person at a time. The shower had great hot water, but seemed limited to use at one time (after a while, the water gradually became colder and colder).

The queen bed was super comfy. One of the best beds I've slept on.

We met other guests and everyone was really nice and friendly. As mentioned above, I love the overall warmth of the place - very welcoming and felt like home. I appreciated the small scale of this backpackers, which meant noise level was low and more privacy for everyone.

Stayed March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at this cute pink house. It's a bit small but charming. Everything is clean and there is a nice garden. Stuff is really nice and helpful. Gave me lots of tips what to do. Wifi is free and working well. Also it's close to supermarket and bus stop!

Stayed March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2015

This is a super little hostel - friendly and welcoming. It felt like a real community amongst the staff working here, all of whom were happy to give advice on things to do. We also got given home made cake by one of them!

Cooking was made so much easier by a great range of oils, herbs and spices available for free.

• Stayed February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

What a pretty in pink house. Clean, tidy, comfy beds, jolly multi national staff, great facilities - what's not to like! Throughly enjoyed my stay. Book early, they are busy for a very good reason! A highly recommended experience. Thank you all :)

Stayed February 2015