Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A fascinating review of the history, environment and way of life on the Banks Peninsula

We booked this half day tour on spec and didn't really know what to expect. Marie showed us many... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
well_travelled88_11
London, United Kingdom
"Insightful and Delightful Day with Marie"

We arrived in Akaroa on an extremely stormy day by ship. Marie met us at the end of the dock and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
BurbankTravellers
Burbank

All reviews european settlement local maori historical tour banks peninsula scones morning tea new zealand akaroa harbour marie historian settlers forest tours ecological conservation insight stories
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

We had a pleasure of a tour hosted by Marie, the way Marie told the story from the perspective of a someone with a real connection to the history of the Banks Peninsula made the morning fantastic. Having a morning tea overlooking Akaroa Harbour was beautiful. I can highly recommend booking a tour. Definitely seven stars.

Date of experience: October 2018
TheSeventhG, Owner at The Seventh Generation, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2018

Thank you David for your review. It is a wonderful pleasure to share my connection with visitors so they get a sense of connection too.
Many thanks for joining me.
Marie

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

It was really a wonderful tour. We were fortunate enough to get Marie as our host guide. The way she described the history of that particular area and her connection to that was quite interesting to listen. It was a good learning for us indeed. And the scenic beauty of Bank Peninsula is amazing undoubtedly. It was really a great experience even in a rainy day.

Date of experience: June 2018
TheSeventhG, Manager at The Seventh Generation, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2018

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your journey with me. I aim to bring the scenic beauty of Banks Peninsula to life!
Thanks again,
Marie

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I was lucky enough to go on a tour hosted by Marie and can't say enough about how great it was. Banks Peninsula is a beautiful location with fascinating flora, fauna and an intriguing history. Marie's story telling ability and imagery first took me back in time, then stepped me through to the present day and then propelled me into the future. She has a a genuine connection and passion to protect and conserve Banks Peninsula, she is full of information and really good fun too. I would recommend her tours to anyone visiting Akaroa.

Date of experience: October 2017
TheSeventh G, Owner at The Seventh Generation, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am to bring history and a sense of place alive and I am glad I could do that for you.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Can’t wait to book one of these tours. The photos are truly beautiful. When travelling overseas I’ve always wanted to get a deeper knowledge of an area & someone is offering just that in our own backyard.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank janhB7129HF
TheSeventh G, Owner at The Seventh Generation, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thanks, a deeper understanding and a genuine experience is what I aim to deliver!