All reviews wine and cheese shipping containers cabin room rooms are small boutique hotel sea containers wine hour free bottled water nautical theme nespresso machine light breakfast lobby area great boutique cappuccino strip fantastic hotel bigger room complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We were given a night's accommodation at the Hougoumont as a birthday gift.

We were in a Stateroom.

The room was very roomy and clean.

The bathroom was one of the best equipped we have come across in our travels.

On weeknights cheese and biscuits as well as wine are provided free of charge to guests in the lobby area at Happy Hour 5-6.

The reception staff were wonderful. They had to work hard to find our booking due to some spelling mistakes but maintained their sense of humour at all times.

The hotel is located in the heart of Fremantle so we just parked the car and walked everywhere.

This is a hotel well worth trying.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
NicolaVanDongen, General Manager at Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Hello TrickyPerth

So thrilled to hear you had a fabulous birthday celebration stay with us at The Hougoumont Hotel!

We are very proud of our rooms - especially our bathrooms - and our complimentary inclusions such as wine and cheese hour. I am so pleased you enjoyed them!

I do apologize for the mistake regarding your booking with the spelling, but I was glad we were able to get that sorted for quickly for you, and I thank you for your understanding.

Thank you very much for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Arrived late but they sent me an email with a code to retrieve my key from a lock box. Cabin room is tight and compact but has everything you need. However it's the service that has blown me away. Bec greets you in the morning and serves you tea/coffee and toast as you relax reading the paper. Bowls of fruit and water are also there to help yourself and 4 computer terminals plus a printer for your disposal. Bicycles are also free of charge to use if you so desire and Fremantle is pretty flat to get around. In the evenings you're invited to have cheese and wine between 5-6pm. Bec's again works the room and also manages to whip up delicious pizza at the same time. When you get back to your room after a long day it is immaculate and they even have a card with the weather report on your bed for the next day. Amazing warm and friendly place to stay 10 minute walk to the railway station and 5 minutes to cappacino district.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello HeatherF

Thank you so much for your kind review! I was pleased to hear the late check in was very easy for you, and I have passed on to Bec and my team your kind words regarding the excellent service you received. It is our number one goal here at the Hougoumont, and it is absolutely appreciated!

We do look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Stayed in a Stateroom with my husband and teenage son. Friendly helpful staff, great location, quiet street, comfortable room, free bottled water and fruit. The room was a little tight with the extra rollaway bed but that didn't worry us as we were only in for one night for a family celebration in Fremantle. My husband and I will definitely be back in spring/summer for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
NicolaVanDongen, General Manager at Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hi TammyC

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Hougoumont, and I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and complimentary inclusions during your stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a weekend getaway soon, and do let our team know if we can do anything to make it extra special for you!

Thanks and Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Arrived for a one night stay en route to Margaret River. Parking is provided but at a fee of AUD25 per night. Hotel staff are very friendly. There are free water and fruits available at the lobby.
Hotel room is very small. There is hardly space to open 2 28" luggage. If you drive, suggest you pack some necessities in a smaller bag to bring up instead.
The hotel is in close proximity (walking distance) to most attractions - Fremantle market, prison, round house, arthur head, boat harbour, shipwreck museum etc.
Will stay in the same hotel if i visit Fremantle again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
NicolaVanDongen, General Manager at Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Hello themadking

Thank you very much for your review. I was very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hougoumont Hotel, and I hope you had a fabulous time in Margaret River.

Regarding the room sizes, our Superior Cabin Rooms are designed for their simplicity, with high quality finishing's and linens, without any wasted space. This concept has allowed us to focus our resources on other areas, such as our complimentary wine and cheese hour, high-speed wifi, and our car parking facilities.

For your next stay here at the Hougoumont, I highly recommend trying one of our Staterooms for the additional space. I think you will very comfortable in this room!

Again, thank you very much for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Fremantle!

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I visited the Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle for business in August this year and was totally blown away with the quality of the hotel and the folks that work there.

The rooms are lovely and modern with an airy feel without being overly large.

The bathroom is a delight .. love the giant shower head with enough pressure to wake you up in the morning after a great nights sleep in a comfy bed... worth getting up for.

Room Tip: Highlight is the 5pm cheese and wine sessions in the lounge ... absolutely sublime!! Make sure you get there!!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Hello AllyS

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It is was absolute pleasure to have you with us and we are all so glad you enjoyed our rooms and facilities, as well as our complimentary wine and cheese hour - a favourite for so many of our guests!

We do look forward to having you back again to the Hougoumont on your next trip to Fremantle!