All reviews swan river frozen meals black swans riverside suite indoor pool river view tennis courts north fremantle breakfast lounge quiet location mini bar lounge area the ground floor serviced daily rain shower small kitchen living room
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Reception staff are pleasant and efficient.
Check in information is limited.
No detail for things like free WiFi, breakfast location or restaurants located within walking distance
$100 bond for credit card $300 bond for debit card possibly refunded in 5-7days.
(This practice is an out of date rort)
An older place but nicely refurbished.
The clean & comfortable room we had with a kitchenette was Ok, views of Swan river as stated in other reviews are a little overrated. (Ours was over roof tops so pretty ordinary.)
Bed is quite comfortable
Rainfall shower is short on pressure and affected by toilet flushing or sink running,,(so much so that its uncomfortably hot, probably a danger for older folks or little kids.
A conference facility feel, in no way romantic i(n my opinion), far from decent restaurants and downtown Fremantle.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear RICHOSingapore,

Greetings from the team and thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. Firstly, I would like to mention how delighted I was to read that you found our reception staff both pleasant and efficient. Whilst I noted that you thought the check in information provided was limited, we do endeavor to provide as many key details as possible whilst acknowledging that many guests are enthusiastic to begin their stay. The team does of course remain on hand to assist with any enquiries throughout, while each room features a comprehensive compendium if you prefer which details an array of information about the hotel and it’s local surroundings.

Thank you also for your feedback on the use of payment cards; to provide some clarification, funds are not removed from the account, we simply pre authorize a small amount to ensure the funds are available at check out. Any pre authorized funds then become available shortly thereafter. I do certainly acknowledge with the varying types of accommodation every hotel has a slightly different check in procedure, though this is a common practice among many hotels and used only as a means of guaranteeing payment.

Whilst the majority of our rooms and suites enjoy magnificent views of the Swan River I noted that you would have preferred a different outlook to the one your room afforded. While we are unable to guarantee specific views we of course would have been delighted to provide an alternative if available.

Thank you again for taking some of your valuable time to write about your stay and I wish you well in your future travels.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

Stayed at the end of a trip from Broome. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, especially after 2 1/2 weeks in campervans. You could walk into Fremantle or just walk to the bus stop or train station - easy! Situated to catch the afternoon breeze it was a pleasant cool down from some hotter weather. Pool area was equipped with BBQs which we made good use of and the rooms had kitchenettes for breakfast/ food prep.
The staff were wonderful - they organised tours, taxis and answered any general queries. Highly commend the professionalism, friendliness and pure helpfulness of all the staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2015

Dear Frangi888,

Greetings from Western Australia!

Thank you for choosing Pier 21 for your accommodation needs and taking the time to share your experience with the many readers of Trip Advisor.

It appears from your review that you had a very enjoyable stay in North Fremantle. My team thanks you very much for your valuable endorsement; I was delighted to read our staff made such a positive impression.

Thank you again and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you when your travels next bring you back to the West Coast.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

I spent 5 days here as my house was undergoing some repairs. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I really noticed the fresh cleanliness of this apartment. I did not need to use the air-conditioning at all. My room overlooked the river and the breeze wafted in from the river.
The service was excellent from the initial greeting through to the breakfast staff every morning. The dining room was only open for the very good breakfast.
The daily servicing of the apartment kept it in immaculate condition.
The parking was plentiful and there was easy access to the cities of Fremantle and Perth with plenty of entertainment and dinning experiences along the way. Ocean swimming beaches were within easy driving distance and the river beach was at the front door.I will return if ever I get the opportunity again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear C5859SVjanet,

Thank you for choosing Pier 21 Apartment Hotel. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It was delightful to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us, in particular the hotels location, as you mentioned on the banks of Fremantle’s Swan River. I will certainly take a moment to share your kind comments regarding service with the team; providing our guests with five star service is something the team certainly takes a lot of pride in doing.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I can't fault it! It had wow factor all round! From the amazingly professional, knowledgeable and helpful staff at check in, to the spectacular room and views! Pier 21 met and exceeded my expectations! Spectacular!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Maria-Jane S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write of your recent stay at Pier 21.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback and I was absolutely delighted the hotel delivered the ‘wow factor everywhere’. The Swan River views are certainly a superb feature of the property. My team also thanks you for the valued endorsement; it is always very motivating for the team to read such kind comments.

Once again, I greatly appreciate you sharing your Pier 21 experience with the Trip Advisor community and I do trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We found this property very enjoyable.
The rooms are set out to a good standard, both in decor and cleanliness. Cooking facilities are available if you want to eat in the room, but its only a short walk to bars and restaurants if you fancy dining out. Breakfasts are available in the lounge area in the mornings.
The views overlooking the swan river are stunning, with the boats in the marina and the frequent visit of dolphins and black swans swimming make it a very relaxing place to stay.
Free parking onsite make it easy for traveling if you have a car, or the train station is a short stroll away. The property is well maintained with 2 swimming pools and riverside gardens, and also has a gym and tennis court.
All the staff were friendly and courteous which made our stay all the better.
Overall we highly recommend this hotel and would return on our next visit to Fremantle.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear milleryoz,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of Pier 21 Apartment Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read you reported positively on so many aspects of your stay, you certainly touched on many highlights of the hotel. I was also delighted to read you were able to take the time to enjoy the ‘stunning’ Swan River views and a visit from the resident dolphins and black swans that frequent our shore front. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team, ensuring each and every guest has a comfortable and memorable stay is our priority.

One again I would like to extend our sincere gratitude for taking the time for providing your feedback, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Pier 21 in the near future.