1,878 results
All reviews valet parking great location buffet breakfast pillow menu a park view room good size across the road pleasant stay little creatures brewery room was large late check an upgrade mini bar spa bath fishing boat harbour cappuccino strip car park
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Spent eight days staying here this time, all I can say it never lets me down for service and location, having stayed at this hotel many times over several year I have got to know a number of staff, I must mention the duty manager William Barret, once again outstanding service from him and nothing is to much trouble, he is a asset to the Esplanade Hotel and all staff should take a leaf at of his book, Anytime I visit Perth I will always stay is this establishment. Management please thank all staff for their efficient over the top service from me.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Front Office Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Les,

Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel. It is so lovely to read such amazing feedback regarding both the hotel and the staff.
William is an asset to our team and an absolute pleasure to work with so I will be sure to pass on your comments.
I am glad that you enjoy your stays with us and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We thought that we would do something ‘posh’ in our trip to see family in Australia.
Unfortunately it didn’t come up to scratch. The room was ok but you could hear cars race around the car park next door.
Our family were awoken by someone having a jacuzzi in the early hours in the morning and people running down the passage way
Although after complaining to the staff at the time and on leaving the retort was ‘Oh we could have moved you to a quiet part of the hotel if you wanted ‘! We were never offered.
Very disappointed , it was nothing special..

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Front Office Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay and you left feeling a little disappointed. Unfortunately being located right in the heart of Fremantle it does mean that occasionally there can be some noise from the outside, and I do apologies for the noisy guests in the corridor.
I apologise if you felt the staff were rude upon checkout, I think in the miscommunication what was meant that if told about the noise issues we could have tried to rectify this for you. We try to fix any issues that guests may have during their stay and I am sorry to hear we were not able to do this for you.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

excellent location and very pleasant stay . great breakfast . the beds are comfy and the hotel is pleasant. there is excellently smelling toiletries , and the room are spacious. the only downside is the expensive parking at the nearby lot

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Worldnomad,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel.
I am so pleased to read such positive comments about your recent stay with us ranging from the breakfast through to the complimentary amenities. We aim to tick all boxes so when things like this get mentioned it is always great!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed just for 1 night on a Saturday at the end of July based on recommendations from friends. The hotel is ok if you’re getting a cheap deal. I certainly wouldn’t pay anymore than what we did which was $129 ($169 with breakfast). The hotel is a bit dated and the bathrooms are in need of some TLC. I think this is the noisiest hotel I’ve ever stayed in. Not necessarily the hotels fault as it was people shouting and slamming doors but the lack of dividing fire doors in the corridors did not help.
Also because the restaurant is open plan to reception the smells travels through the whole hotel. This could be reduced by corridors doors.
Overall it was a good cheap getaway but I’d save my money and travel a bit further.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologise that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and while we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
Unfortunately being located in the heart of Fremantle it does mean that we can get a little outside noise occasionally, however I do apologies for the guests staying at the hotel creating extra noise.
I am sorry to read you felt you would only come back if getting a cheap deal, we get a lot of really positive feedback about our guest rooms and the hotel in general.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2018

The room was spacious, clean and well-heated! Overall a good stay as it is conveniently located near Fremantle market and many cafes nearby. However, the only downside was that parking nearby was on the pricey side.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Front Office Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am so pleased to read you found the room to be spacious and well heated - definitely what you need on these chilly winter days! I apologize you found the parking to be a little expensive. Unfortunately throughout Fremantle there is no free parking so the hotel offers a competitively priced valet option.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.