1,827 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationbuffet breakfastpillow menua park view roomvalet servicegood sizeacross the roadpleasant staylittle creatures brewerylate checkan upgrademini barspa bathfishing boat harbourcappuccino stripcar park
Reviewed 30 December 2015

This was our first stop on our tour of Australia,that was organised for us by Trailfinders in Norwich. The hotel was superb could not fault a thing. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the location was spot on.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you for your review; I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were a standout for you. We hope to see you back in Fremantle soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Sadly, a 'Refurbishment' of a property, doesn't include an upgrading of service. We invested a significant amount for a suite on the 2nd floor. The balcony directly over the entrance has a fantastic view over the park to the water. Unlike the upper floors though, the only separation between you and your neighbours, is lattice, so if you're after privacy, or an escape from smokers, while you relax, you might be out of luck.

The worst thing about this room is the ZERO lighting! You will need a torch! In the dining area, just in side the front door, there's a small chandelier, with a total of 40 watts in it. That's the ONLY lighting in the entire place (other than the bathroom) and two low wattage bedside lamps with huge black lamp shades! The windows are covered with 'black out' roller blinds, so there's no flexibility there. You have light.. or you don't.

The only window into the living area, opens onto the next door balcony? So you have the blind down, or the kids next door, staring in your window!

There are no down lights (or lighting at all) in the living area. Remember, this is a suite, so its a big area with a dividing wall. Totally dark after dusk! Several requests for some form of supplementary lighting, eventually got a desk lamp brought up.

Cleanliness was sub-standard. I think its the first hotel, where I had to replace my own roll of toilet paper (after having had the room serviced). The cleaners have obviously never been on the deck, as the coffee table out there, is filthy and has been for the 3 days we've been here, so far. Bathroom ceiling is covered in mould too.

OK, so other than that, the breakfast buffet is well stocked and priced OK at $29. Dinner buffet is barely adequate, given the supposed standard of the property.

The location is brilliant, overlooking the park on the water. Everything is in walking distance.

Valet parking is $30 per day, or you can park for $10 a day in the carpark across the road, which seems to be where they stick your car. By the time you've asked for your car and they've headed off-site to fetch it. You would certainly be long gone, if you'd parked yourself.

Room Tip: 2nd floor opens into atrium... noisy. If you want quiet, go for something on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve L
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you for your feedback; I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed in your stay and in particular your room. I will be passing on your comments regarding the lighting for review by management. In regards to the lattice on the balcony this is so that the surrounding view is not impeded too much.

I also apologise for the cleanliness issues experienced, this is well below our usually standard and will be addressed with the Housekeeping team immediately. In regards to the living room window, we cannot structurally change this aspect of the building now, however we will look into a solution for this moving forward.

I'm glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and found it was good value for money; however I'm sorry that you did not feel the same about the buffet dinner. You're right our valet parking is just over the road and provides a secure option for our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

The room was good with an excellent location, and the staff were nice - enough...
After asking specifically about parking and being told with no information to give it to the valet we were then charged an extra $30 a night. Fair enough if we were told but no mention of it and no I'm sorry from the workers. Being a local just wanting to have a nice weekend with my boyfriend the extra costs from this hotel with sub par staff is a bit of a rip off.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Public Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt the valet parking charge was not explained to you, however it is indicated on our website and other third party websites where you can book. Our concierge, front desk and reservations teams are trained to let people know upfront but I will reiterate this with them in relation to your comments.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

On our recent trip to Perth we stayed at the Rydges Fremantle. It is situated in a beautiful location on the Esplanade opposite a lovely park.

The room was huge although not that well lit for some reason. There was also smell in the hotel like the carpet had been wet.

In the morning it often took about 15 mins to get a coffee which was disappointing and often had to wait a similar time for the one valet to retrieve the car.

Overall a nice experience however the level of service for a 4 star hotel should be better.

Stayed: December 2015

Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate your comments and will pass them onto management for review. I'm sorry that you had some wait time issues with the coffee and valet parking, but I'm glad that didn't dampen your experience overall.

We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful Fremantle again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

My husband & myself stayed here over Christmas. The staff were very friendly & helpful. We dined in the restaurant a couple of evenings & were pleased to find gluten free options as I have coeliac disease so have to be very careful of what I eat.Our room was very nice with a comfortable bed. I think they are rather mean with the internet & should point this out when either you book or when you check in. Free internet is only 1000 mgb per 24 hours which as we wanted to Skype our family in UK on Christmas Day was not really enough & as due to us being out most days there were some days when we hardly used the Internet. There is a mini bar in the room & tea & coffee etc. There is shampoo,conditioner & body lotion in the bathroom but only soap no shower gel. We enjoyed our stay & would happily go back

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie P

It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and the many gluten free options we have in our restaurant.

I'm sorry that you felt disappointed with the free internet, however in order to service all 300 rooms, function areas and outlets with high speed WIFI we must limit the use per person, per day. We believe that 1000mb per 24 hours is fair and reasonable for this free service.

Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.