“Very disappointing”

Restaurante Brisa do Rio
Ranked #51 of 306 Restaurants in Tavira
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in a quiet street near the banks of Tavira, in the small terrace is one of its greatest charms, but also has a large interior room.
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Turned up early for our meal to be told the restaurant did not have our booking. The waiting staff were quite cheeky until evidence was shown to the manager that he had accepted our reservation. I now see from other reviews that this is not the first occurrence. We did not get our table and left feeling disappointed with both the treatment by staff and lack of dinner.

1  Thank Audreyham

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

I see from other reviews that this has happened to others so just be aware!

I'd booked a table for 9 of us for a birthday meal and when we arrived I was very rudely told that i hadn't booked. When I found proof on my phone the manager did look very sheepish and made various excuses about being one chef down.

I'm glad we didn't eat there as we had a fantastic meal at Dolce Vita with brilliant customer service.

2  Thank Gill P
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I was so upset that although I had booked a table ( in person) 10 days previously, they had no record of my booking! The service was very slow and not the best when they deemed to serve us. They didn’t have the wine or the beer advertised on the menu that we ordered . I had taken some friends as I had a lovely meal in the roof top part last year. The food was nice, but I won’t be returning as the service was absolutely diabolical. Don’t bother!

1  Thank tjlct
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal at this roof terrace restaurant. Friendly service and clearly popular as it was completely full by 8pm. Reservations are essential! Food was delicious and really well presented. Wine was good and waiters were helpful in their recommendations. Eating outside in the setting sun was a real treat!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018

It is hard to believe that such a gem of a restaurant could be found down this grotty road away from all the other restaurants.
Booking is essential and we found out why when the food arrived.
The restaurant is on the roof of a rather ordinary building from where you can just about see the river down a side street.
The service was friendly and efficient especially a big bearded chap.
2 excellent starters were followed by sea bass fillet wrapped in bacon and a wonderfully firey steak. Both came with a selection of vegetables (very rare).
Pre-dinner drinks an OK bottle of wine and a very reasonable bill of 63 euros