This is a spacious apartment very well equipped with wonderful views & is very centrally located in the Old Town of Tallinn. It suited us ladies perfectly. I would point out that the building does not have a lift which meant carrying our suitcases up several floors. Overall though I couldn’t fault it.
We spent a week in this flat in August 2017 - our group was a family of seven plus we had two guests at the weekend
First of all the great things about this:
- its location is in the lower old town a stone's throw from the main square
- it's really well kitted out with modern kitchen, lots of utensils and a sauna - coffee grinder/maker was fabulous, and there were lots of spices, oil etc in the kitchen which makes a big difference when you self cater
- the views are good from the windows
- the owners very kindly provided lots of advice on the best places to eat and drink in Tallinn and what to avoid
Unfortunately our experience was spoiled by a few things. If you want to book this flat, you should check that these won't affect you:
- the description of "4+ bedrooms and loft" is a bit confusing and we ended up arriving expecting one more bedroom than there was. To clarify, there are 3 double bedrooms (in terms of rooms with walls). There's then an attic space above the main room (not walled off) which can sleep 2-3 people. In addition, you can sleep some extra people in the main living room (which is what owners meant by loft).
- we had let the owners know in advance that we might have a couple of guests for the weekend and they confirmed that this was fine and didn't mention any extra charge. When we arrived they asked for an extra 300 euros and would only take this in cash. We refused to pay and this dispute took the shine off our holiday. The owner also tried to charge us for cleaning that according to the contract was included. We're used to hiring holiday rentals for a flat fee for the property, whereas the pricing model the owner uses here is apparently a per guest per night model (with a minimum of six guests).
- there are quite a lot of stairs (approximately 50) to get up to the flat - this didn't affect us at all but if you have mobility issues you may want to consider this.
So in summary, it's a very nice apartment and provided you're careful to manage the potential downsides, you should have a better experience than we unfortunately had.