“Budapest Overview with Detti”
Review of Budapest Locals

Budapest Locals
Ranked #1 of 104 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let's be honest. In Budapest there are way too many tourism options to sift through. How do you decide which one to take? Well, we like to think our options are a little different than the rest. We're a couple of local girls with local sentiments and a love for our city, so we decided to do bespoke tours of Budapest that we adore and the culture that we come from.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My son and I were on a 3-day visit to Budapest and required a half-day tour of the city to provide us with a basic overall flavour of this attractive city. We chose Budapest Locals and were assigned Detti who was amazing, being so knowledgeable in both historical and social aspects of the city. She tailored the tour to our needs.
Detti collected us promptly from our apartment at Corvin and took us on a extensive tour of the city using the metro, trams and buses. Our tour included the Millennium Monument, Vajdahunyad Castle, the fashionable boulevards, St. Stephen's Basilica, the State Opera House, the Strudel House where we had an enjoyable and relaxing coffee and strudel break, before finally crossing the Danube via the Chain Bridge to visit the Castle area in Buda. Here we admired the architecture and enjoyed the fine panoramic views over the Danube.
We loved everything about Budapest which we considered to be very visitor-friendly. There was an abundance of street cafes and no shortage of excellent restaurants in the evening where the service was universally polite and attentive. We were impressed with the friendliness and the courtesy shown to us by everyone. The weather was fine and very warm with wall-to-wall blue skies - even the Danube was "Blue". We would have no hesitation in recommending Budapest Locals to people visiting Budapest for the first time as money and time well spent. If we visit Budapest again, I am certain that we would use this company once more since they are so friendly and obliging.

2  Thank rbillingham2018
"using public transportation"
in 6 reviews
"tour price"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 10 reviews
in 10 reviews
"great stories"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I sighed up for the Budapest Overview while we were visiting there for 3 days. Anita was amazing to coordinate the tour, she gave us the full detail of the tours and help us decide and coordinate the tour we wanted. Our tour guide Detti was fantastic!! She came to our Airbnb to pick us up in the morning, and we spent the half day walking around the city together visiting different sites and learned so much about Budapest cultural and history. Detti was very enthusiastic and flexible, we had a lovely time with her! We were so happy we did the tour on our first day, we learned so much about the city and Detti gave us amazing recommendations for the restaurants and things to do! I highly recommend the company and it was definitely our highlights of the trip! Thank you Budapest Locals!!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

My husband and I did the Insider's Budapest and was extremely happy with our tour guide for the day. Bridget has extensive knowledge about the city and history. She is very responsive and even be our personal photographer of the day :)
We were also given the details of the tour schedule with Anita and she is easy to communicate with, very open with any suggestions and even booked us for our boat tour which was not part of the tour itself but gladly offered her help to booked for us.

We will definitely recommended this tour if you visit Budapest!

1  Thank Lisaoktav
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this tour company, and Barbi in particular. Barbi treated us like friends and really made it such a comfortable and lovely experience. She always offered to take photos for us (and did a great job with it!), she made sure we got enough water/coffee to get through the day in our jet lagged state. She was clearly knowledgeable and appeared very, very devoted to making sure we saw what we wanted to and that we enjoyed it along the way. Best yet, she gave us all her contact info in case we had any other questions/wanted additional recommendations. Barbi really shaped a lot of our vacation based on things she emphasized and recommended. I was so, so pleased.

1  Thank hannamsutton