“Very nice lunch”

Cuisines: European, Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: We prepare the classic meals of the Hungarian cuisine. We recomend the popular goulash soup, the little bit spicy vegetable ragout "Lecso" and the city's popular "Budapest style beefsteak with goose liver". Besides the meals, there are live jazz concerts every evening from 20:00 till 22:00.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I had the Goulash and my wife had the Chicken leg for lunch, both very tasty. Nice traditional setting, pleasant, efficient waiter. Would recommend, wish we had gone back for an evening meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Friedly staff, excellent hungary kitchen. I can recommend it. We turn back again and again. I cn also recommend the coctails too.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Good service and we absolutely loved the food. Highly recommend for everyone who wants to get a taste of good Hungarian cuisine

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Our hotel had recommended the Lado Cafe, so we finally went there tonight. All the employees there were very personable and helpful. We were greeted warmly, and we chose a seat by the window (we arrived around 5 pm, and it was not crowded at all). We each ordered a local beer. I ordered a goose liver appetizer which was served on very good warm toast. A fresh salad was included. Not realizing that I would get another salad with my main entree, I ordered mushroom paprikash. This was served with Hungarian noodles and filled a large plate. It was delicious, but there was way too much! My husband ordered Hungarian beef stew, which was served with Hungarian noodles. He was not able to finish his meal, since the serving was so generous. A cucumber salad was included, and they also provided him with a basket of bread.
A swing band was scheduled to perform here at 8 pm tonight, but we finished our meals well before that. The restaurant was filling up by then, so seating anywhere near the music would have been difficult. We did a much-needed walk after dinner there.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and food

Large portions at great value

Great atmosphere and entertainment