“Lousy service, good food”

Gostilna in pizzerija Jurman
Ranked #149 of 659 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for a nice meal with my family. Wanted to order the vegetarian plate (cooked vegetables, vegetable patty, soy patty, deep fried mushrooms and deep fried cauliflower). Because I am not fond of deep fried food, I asked the waiter if it would be possible to exchange deep fried items on my menu for grilled zucchini which are on the side dish menu. On my great surprise he unnecessarily raised his voice and in a rude manner told me that I obviously won’t have anything on the plate because vegetable and soy patties are also deep fried (which wasn’t written on the menu). I told him that I couldn’t have known that and apologized to him. Then I ordered pasta with tomato sauce, which was ok but the atmosphere was still awkward.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went to Jurman because they are one of the few restaurants which are open on national holidays. We had sea fruit spaghetti, which was OK. The portions were too big, so we were full and did not order a dessert. The service was professional, although perhaps a bit impersonal, as can be expected in a large restaurant. The restaurant consists of several rooms, which are each decorated in a different theme. One of these has many dead (stuffed) animals on the wall and on drawers, including a fox with a tie - impersonating a parody of a human being. I found this rather repulsive. For this reason, I will only go to Jurman again when I have no other choice, like on a national holiday.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

You can get good food at decent prices here. It's popular for family celebrations for weekends, so make sure you make a reservation.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

A highlight and eagerly awaited dining experience whenever we visit Ljubljana - great staff - "themed" rooms (choose which room you prefer to dine in) and an incredible diverse menu to choose from! Even fussy diners would find something to their taste and liking. Still not convinced? The kitchen will respond and satisfy any special requests (our Slovenian host has special dietary needs and always leaves the restaurant fully satisfied).
Not to mention the meal portion sizes - WOW!
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The place is so popular that often it is difficult to find a place. Do not expect a high class gourmand menu. The food is decent and portion are huge. It is one of the best places for salad in town. The selection of Slovenian national dishes is made according to the season and it is representing most of Slovenian regions. Vine selection is good enough to fulfill all our needs and tastes.