All reviewssalt minesjewish quarterold towntoursauschwitzairport
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Beautiful apartment with great facilities and well-decorated.The host arranged for me to pick up the keys at time that was convenient for me,The location is excellent.I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I have booked an apartment at Rainbow Apartments through eholiday.pl service. I got the confirmation.
2 days after (!) and less than 24h (!) before the planned stay someone from Rainbow Apartments called me pretending that:
- my card didn't work for them, so they couldn't confirm the booking
- they sent me an e-mail and have been waiting for my response
Both are not true - my card worked for anyone but them, I have never got any e-mail from them.
He admitted they had really no availability at that time. He didn't propose any alternative solution. They basically left me without any accommodation on the very last minute, just because they have screwed something up with their booking system / availability.
Avoid!

Room Tip: avoid at all price!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The worst experience i have ever had with a hotel.

I travelled to Poland with my pregnant wife (7 months) for my brothers wedding on Saturday 19th August.

We flew over Friday evening and i specifically booked a hotel in the centre of Kazimierz so we were in walking distance of the celebration.

On arrival we discovered that we were not staying in the advertised location, but a 40minute walk away in a random apartment within a block of residential flats.

Attached is our booking confirmation stating we were staying in rainbow apartments 1 and a map location.

Both rainbow apartments and hotels.com have refused to take any responsibility or refund any money.

We did not arrive until 11pm and so could not find a new hotel that night. I could not sleep and was able to find a lovely new hotel with a 24hr reception that were so helpful and allowed us to check in early so we could get ready for the wedding.

I did not want to have to use their shower. There was toilet roll stick to the taps and s boiler in the shower. The whole place was dirty. I tried sleeping on a plastic beanbag, as i wanted to avoid being bitten by the fleas.

I believe they may have changed the descriptions now to identify rainbow apartments 7 as separate to rainbow apartments 1. My recommendation would be avoid this company at all costs. He got quite aggressive over the phone when i tried to talk to him aboiut the situation.

We stayed in the apartment for about 8 hours and it was way too long.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jdkavs
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We were picked up from the train station and taken to the apartment directly to no extra cost.
The Rainbow Apartments 1 is in Kasimierz, the Jewish District of Krakow which has excellent views of the quarter and is close only 10 mins walk to the Old Town Square.
The apartment was very clean and comfortable and owner was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank uliexa
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We booked this apartment through Hotel.com, who have refused to publish my review of the hotel - that's why all their reviews look fairly good!!
The simple fact is that the hotel contacted us before the booking to say they didn't have the one bedroom apartment we'd booked and instead offered a studio - which we grudgingly accepted. Then when we arrived and contacted them they said that they had cancelled the booking and would help no further. We had to quickly find an alternative and used AirBNB to find an apartment in the Jewish Quarter.
The Location of Rainbow 5 is a long way from the Old Town, so we were lucky to have avoided it altogether.
We travelled to Krakow via overnight train from Prague - an interesting experience which added a bit of adventure to the holiday. Krakow is a great city. The main places we went were to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. We went on a guided tour for Auschwitz which was very informative. The Salt Mines were easy to get to from the Main Railway Station, and then there are big signs directing you to the mine entrance.

Room Tip: Avoid this apartment with all your might
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family