All reviews no lift jewish quarter dead end street the main square old town third floor top floor city break railway line quiet side street recommend this hotel minute walk apartment building spacious room packed lunch lovely hotel within walking distance
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel last week with my sister. Our room was on the third floor, we realised how unfit we were as we had to walk upstairs! The receptionists were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They were very on duty 24 hours. The hotel is situated in a residential area, some of the buildings on the street looked a bit run down but we felt safe. It is only a ten minute walk to the main square. We visited auschwitz which was a three hour tour followed by the salt mines. We pre booked this trip and were picked up from the hotel. It was a long day but very interesting. As we only had two full days here we spent the next day relaxing and looking round the shops which were very nearby too. Krakow is a very clean city and the people very friendly.

Room tip: Lower floor if you have difficulty walking upstairs as there isn’t a lift
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HelenM3545
Grzegorz K, Manager at Leone Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear HelenM3545,

thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to read that you liked our Aparthhotel. If you would like to stay with us again, we suggest asking for the room on the lower floor.

We hope to welcome you again at Leone.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Booked in hotel late @ night, receptionist was lovely, very pleasant. Room 207, was warm and clean, and very spacious. I was a bit wary of the light chandelier hanging from the ceiling, didn't look safe to me. Hotel could do with a bit of facelift.
Shower was a bit poor, and the water did not drain away fast, you had to be quick before the floor flooded.
Breakfast was a bit poor, the coffee machines needed constant attention, sometimes you got half a cup, if you were lucky you might have got a full one. Don't expect a full english, but you can get eggs boiled, poached, scrambled or an omlelete. As well as usual fruit and cereal, toast etc.
Staff were lovely apart from one young man who on a couple of mornings looked as if he didn't want to be there, he just walked round with one hand in his pocket half heartedly sorting things out. I wasn't too happy when he placed food in the container next to the toaster just after he had a good go at scratching the wax out of his ear. No gloves, no lifting utensils & no washing his hands.
All in all it was ok, was about a 10/15 minute walk to the 'Squares'. Would definetly visit Kracow again, not sure if we would return to the hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Grzegorz K, Manager at Leone Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Mr Judith,

I’m very sorry of all the inconveniences you have met during your stay.
I want to apologise for my personnel during breakfast. It will not happen again.

We always try to make our best for the guests.

If you ever want to visit Krakow again, please let us know, we’ll do everything to host you the best we can.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

From the outside the place looks a little run down it’s positioned down a side street that looks less than appealing. Our room was on the ground floor,it was spacious, clean with a mini kitchen... perfect the room was lovely and warm , our room was tidied daily and a sign is available I use if you want towels replacing . The buffet style breakfast was presented well, lots of variety to keep everyone happy.

My only gripe was the duvet it was two small ones which didn’t fit the bed so every night we had to try and position them to keep you covered.

Other than that I enjoyed my stay, all staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lullapops,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We hope to welcome you back to our Aparthotel very soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Lets start with the good points. The position of the Hotel to get to the square and the Jewish quarter was perfect (Smack in the middle). The room was big enough , the staff were excellent, the place was clean. The average points was the breakfast , not a lot of hot choices and a coffee machine that didn't work properly but also one that did. The bad points were the position of the hotel was down a dark lit street which didn't look very inviting, The room although big was not the one i booked on the website and to be honest i have not seen our room on any of the photos from previous tripadvisor reviews. The bathroom was small especially when using the toilet. There are no lifts so be prepared to walk up a lot of stairs during your stay. Three of us stayed in the room but the tea facilities were only for two. I have stayed at worse hotels but also i have stayed at a lot better hotels

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such detailed describtion of our Aparthotel ! It's really important for other Trip Advisor.com users, we really appreciate that.

Thank you for positive review.

We would like to invite you again,

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We travelled in a party of two couples for a five day break. I booked the hotel after reading the reviews here. The hotel is in a great position only 5 minutes walk to the main Jewish quarter or 5 minutes from the Main square. The hotel was in my mind not so much in a run down street as others say but in a street where there are apartments as opposed to lots of hotels and it was a bit shabby but you felt safe all the time. Breakfast was nice with enough choice for everyone. Good coffee. If you asked you got Bacon and eggs, etc although this was not made obvious. I asked if we could change rooms because ours was very small and they accommodated us immediately into a much bigger room. I would say, I had booked a Double economy and it was kind of them to move us so one tip from me would be pay a bit extra for a better room. One other thing I would say is the hotel was lovely and warm. I would definitely go back there. It is an old hotel with old charm and very friendly people as were all the people we met in Krakow. For those looking for specific info on things I hope I can help with the following: It is cheap there. Food and drink are very reasonably priced as are cigarettes. I paid the equivalent of £2.70 for a packet of cigarettes but had to buy Rothmans because they did not do Bensons. Tobacco is only Golden Virginia and is around £8 pack. We did the Auschwitz trip and it was excellently organised. We also did the Salt mines and whilst that was worth a trip, I think the 2 1/2 hour tour was a bit lengthy and would have liked an hour and a half. We booked an airport tax return trip and it was spot on time both sides. The drivers were friendly and helpful. Most people spoke english. Krakow is a very pretty place and was perfect for sightseeing, eating and drinking. Very relaxed and inexpensive. I will definitely be going back. Oh one other thing, always ensure you ask the exact amount of Zloty you are getting for your cash because some of the exchanges and there are plenty try to give you less than they advertise outside. They then beat other prices. It was better to take pounds and change there than before going.

Room tip: Pay extra for a bigger room, don't just opt for Economy.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank debwales

Dear Debwales,

thank you so much we are glad of receiving such comment.

It is fantastic to read, that you have totally enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward of welcoming you again.

Kind regards,