All reviews beer spa old town square great location small square top floor large bathroom coffee table no elevator astronomical clock main building double windows attic room third floor the hotel staff breakfast room light sleeper street noise
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Hotel is situated 2 minutes from the Old Town Square, we asked for a higher room as I am a light sleeper, we were allocated 831, lovely room, air con was great and had a nice balcony at the back, beds are large, pillows could do with being replaced, bathroom large had a bath with a hand held shower, which did not bother me as I like a bath and believe me after a day of walking, its lovely. You did have to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to the room, but I knew this before I booked. You have to remember most of the building are old and do not have lifts and also there will be noise because it is such a busy place, but after all said, I had no problems whatever with noise. TV in the room and mini bar.
Breakfast was across the road 30 second walk, down some stairs, good selection choice, coffee not the best, but a great way to start your busy day.
I certainly would not hesitate to go back to this hotel, fantastic position, lovely staff.

Room Tip: higher if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
VeronikaD504, Manažer at Hotel Metamorphis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Jo,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. It's always heartwarming to hear that our hotel was appreciated. Come back again!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

On arriving at this hotel, we received a very warm and friendly welcome. Check in was quick and easy. We stayed in the attic room which was a great size and we also had a small balcony where we could sit outside. The bathroom was also vast with a jacuzzi bath which was great to unwind in after all the walking we did around Prague. The location of the hotel was brilliant for exploring. Breakfast was great, with lots of choice. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if returning to Prague.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Veronika D, Manažer at Hotel Metamorphis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hello Angela!
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I gave my experience 3-stars, not because this hotel is 'average' - they gave great customer service in every way, even picking us up at the airport. Also, as noted by all, the location is great.

The problem is that, at least during the summer on Friday/Saturday nights, there are bands of 20-something men drinking and yelling in the street and thumping beats all night long. The loud talking dies down around 2AM but amazingly the low-pitched thumping beat keeps going until 5AM or 6AM ... impossible to sleep. I talked to the Reception and they indicated they had complained but the police do nothing. They gave me earplugs. The problem is particularly acute in the back building. Be warned!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your feedback! We apologize for the trouble with noise on the street. This is problem of a lots of hotels in centre of Prague. We are working to fix it, but it is very dificult. I hope you enjoyed the rest of our services.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Spent 9 nights. Beautiful room, great breakfast, remarkable location right off Old Town Square, within walking distance of everything. Staff helpful. Arranged transport to airport with boxed breakfast for our early departure.

Stayed: July 2018
Veronika D, Manažer at Hotel Metamorphis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Dennis,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. It's always heartwarming to hear that our hotel was appreciated. Our staff hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

After many business trips to Prague I was finally able to bring my wife here on a holiday. For our stay we chose the Hotel Metamorphis, primarily based on location and price. The location was absolutely perfect, right in the center of old Prague, just a 3-4 minute walk from the old town square (Staroměstské náměstí). Although the hotel is in a very old and historic building, it was nicely modernized and decorated, very suitable for a stay of any length. Our room was huge, I'd say well over 500 sq ft with a very high ceiling. I was worried when we arrived due to the noise from a lively bar across the street, but once we closed the double-pane windows it was completely quiet. Our bath was large, clean, and nicely modern.

A very good breakfast was provided in an associated restaurant across from the entrance to the hotel.

Overall a very good choice for your holiday to Prague, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C
Veronika D, Manažer at Hotel Metamorphis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. It's always heartwarming to hear that our hotel was appreciated. We apology for any inconvenience during your stay. We try to do everything with noise on the street but it is very difficult.