Communism and Nuclear Bunker Tour

Ways to Experience Communism and Nuclear Bunker Tour
from US$33.49
More Info
1,181 results
All reviews cold war velvet revolution visiting prague tram guide history insight humour regime
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great guided tour with a very friendly and well informed guide. Exploring a nuclear bunker like you only saw in movies or video games is a must have experience! A big thumbs up to our guide - Ladislav Winter - who made us feel at home!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 19 July 2021

Went through "Get Your Guide"--the guide was outstanding (tour taken on 7-17-21). She was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I have an interest in this historical period in the former Soviet Bloc and she answered all of my questions with detail and enthusiasm. I learned a great deal about the Czech republic's history before, during and after communism from our guide. She had lived through the communist era and described how the restrictions on freedom impacted her thought processes and the tension between experienced reality and the "official" expectations of citizens at that time. She also provided "real life" examples of what happened when informants were "outed" after the Velvet Revolution. The bunker was very interesting with alot of original "spy" cameras and communication equipment from the 1940s through 1980s

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 4 October 2020

This tour was fantastic. The Tour Guide was exceptionally knowledgeable and well-qualified. She was also really good at answering any questions, and bringing history to life. I felt that I was able to personally connect with the history of the days gone by of Czechoslovak communism, through the way in which the Guide brought the past to life.

The experience of going down into the nuclear bunker is one I will never forget: an eerie and somewhat terrifying glimpse, into a sinister counterfactual timeline of what might have been (and thankfully was not).

A really fascinating look back at the times of Communism, and the arrival of liberty with the Velvet Revolution. I would commend the Tour Guide and the tour and give both five stars+++

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank Tomme_Traveller
Reviewed 9 September 2020

Our tour guide, Zuzana, was extremely knowledgeable, the trip was fun and educational, my son loved it, the nuclear bunker is interesting and not too bad to walk down, and up, all the steps leading to it, I never knew the Rolling Stones paid for the lights to illuminate Prague Castle, I do now !
My son and I were the only ones on the tour due to the effect COVID-19 has had on tourism

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank S B
Reviewed 1 April 2020

A friend recommended us this tour and I am so glad we did it. Not only you learn a lot about the czech communism history but you get to experience it as well while visiting the bunker. What made the tour really stand out tho was our tour guide Karoline, she is well read with a brilliant sense of a humour, great job!

Date of experience: March 2020