All reviews prague castle charles bridge perfect location old town between floors l'occitane toiletries metro station within walking distance small lift recommend this hotel a short minute walk lesser town the ground floor high ceilings heat wave junior suite an early flight
Reviewed 21 August 2018

My friend and I chose this hotel for a get together in Prague and we were amazed by this little gem in the hearth of the city centre. The location is perfect, a few minutes walk from the Rudolfinum, the Jewish quarter and the Charles bridge, but in a very quiet surrounding. The hotel has a quite modern style, but done in a tasteful way to fit the surroundings and still full of character. We were lucky enough to be upgraded in one of the suites on two levels, with the sleeping area on the mezzanine and we thoroughly enjoyed the view of the castle from our roof window. The room and the communal areas were spotless, the staff extremely friendly and always ready to help. On the first day we had a problem with the air conditioning, which was quickly sorted out. If I have to mention something that (compared to the rest) was not absolutely prefect, it was the breakfast. The breakfast room is very small (only a few table) and the selection of food was very limited, nothing bad, but by no mean to par with the rest of the hotel and to any 4 star establishment. With a few little improvements in this department, it will be really perfect. Definitely a place where to go back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Petra_AstenHotels, General Manager at Boutique Hotel Klarov, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Klarov Prague, member of Asten Hotels and thank you for your time to share your wonderful review here on Trip Advisor.
I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant experience, that the services provided by our team have met your expectations and that you liked your room and our central location.
Thank you very much for your comments concerning breakfast. All our guests comments are very important to us as they always help us to work on improvement. I would really appreciate if you have a minute to contact me directly and let me know, what were you missing at our breakfast offer. We offer cold cuts, hams, salami, cheeses, we added recently also some bio and farmer products from Czech farms, we offer warm meals, sausages, eggs, vegetable, there is selection of sweet pastries including daily prepared home made cake, we upgraded offer of bread to suit also guests with dietary needs, so we have gluten free, rye bread available, in our healthy corner we offer selection of different cereals, dried fruits and seeds, we offer regular, soy and low-fat milk, there is selection of fresh fruits and vegetable, jams, honey and all this completed with offer of fruit juices, Illy coffee and Ronnefeld tea. I will be really grateful for your more detailed comments concerning the breakfast, you can contact me at petra.janouskovaATastenhotels.com. True is that breakfast room is not huge but being a historical building we have to work with space we have. The space is sufficient for number of guests in the hotel and in busy days, there are tables in our garden available and also in our Club Lounge.
Again, thank you very much for having chosen hotel Klarov for your stay in Prague, I am really happy to hear that you and your friend have a great time.
We will be very happy to welcome you back in the future!
When planning your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact us directly or visit our website for the best deals.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Very nice location. The hotel was refurbished in an elegant and modern way. Rooms are spacious, bed huge. The breakfast was good. A great selection for teas , whatever coffee was asked for, croissants, mini pancakes with maple sirop, eggs, cold cuts, a variety of breads, cereals, etc. There was also an elegant patio in the back. However, when you visit in August with 35 degrees Celsius, the room is unacceptable because it has no air conditioning (4 star hotel)!. The only way to have a descent night's sleep is leaving the windows open and the fan on, (yes there is fan) but that is if you do not mind the constant coming and going of trams as the area is a meeting point all through the night. I would also like to conclude that although the room and bathroom were clean, they had forgoten to wash the curtains since the refurbishment, and there were quite a few spider webs (well the ceiling was tall). Concerning the staff at the reception desk well let's say that a smile is a bit difficult for them. The hotel offered on the second day a complementary 0.75 bottle of water room temperature!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndreasAthens
Petra_AstenHotels, Generální ředitel at Boutique Hotel Klarov, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Klarov Prague and thank you for your time to post a review here on Trip Advisor.
With regards to air-condition, we are historical building and therefore not allowed to install the air-condition units and only few rooms under the roof are air-conditioned. We are trying to do our best to limit the discomfort from missing air condition in hot days, so we have installed heatproof folios on windows and purchased the high quality fans to be available in all rooms.
Unfortunately, as in whole Europe, we are facing extreme hot weather in these days. That's why we offer complimentary water.
I wish we could do more, but as I have explained, due to regulations by authorities we are not allowed to install a/c into all rooms.
I am sorry that the air-condition absence has spoiled your stay. It's a shame that you didn't contact us the second day to change the room to the one facing backside, which is quieter and cooler, as offered by our Operations Manager on the first night of your stay.
Still, I am glad that you liked the hotel, your room with its amenities and enjoyed our breakfast.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future. Should you plan another visit, please contact us directly for special deals.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Loved the place. Super super location. 5 mins from St. Charles Bridge and 10 mins from the centre of the old town. A beautiful old apartment building converted. Stayed there July 2018. Really nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Petra_AstenHotels, General Manager at Boutique Hotel Klarov, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Klarov Prague, member of Asten Hotels and thank you for your time to share your review here on Trip Advisor.
I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant experience, that the services provided by our team have met your expectations and that you liked our central location.
We will be very happy to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

This hotel has an excellent location. Near tramway, easy to visit old town across the bridge and the castle up hill. Very good restaurants at walking distance.
Nice breakfast in cellar or in courtyard.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Petra_AstenHotels, Generální ředitel at Boutique Hotel Klarov, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Klarov Prague and thank you for your nice words shared here on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable experience, that you have enjoyed our central location, liked our breakfast and especially that the service provided by our team has met your expectations,

We will be very happy to welcome you back in the future. Should you plan another trip to Prague, please feel free to contact us directly or visit our website for the best deals.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I stayed at the Klarov with a friend for 4 nights during a city break in Prague.

After getting off our flight, a short bus (bus no. 119) and underground journey took us directly to the hotel. Leaving the airport to arriving at the hotel took less than 45 minutes!

The hotel is in a great location within a 10/15 minute walking distance from all main attractions.

Upon arrival, staff at reception took the time to recommend places to visit and marked them on a map, without being asked to do so. This exceeded my expectations and was much appreciated. All the staff I encountered during my stay were extremely friendly and always more than willing to help.

The room was spacious and clean - I love how the rooms are music themed. My friend and I had the twin 'Bob Dylan' room which was ideal for me.
The room is split into two, with a door separating a living area from the bedroom. The TV is in the bedroom and the clothes rails in the living area, it felt a bit like these two should have been swapped but it wasn't a big issue.
The only down side to the rooms is that they don't have air con. Fans are provided which are very powerful but definitely not as effective, especially during the night when on 'night mode'. There is also no fan in the bathroom so after showering the room heats up even more. For this reason, I didn't sleep great during my stay but the bed and pillows themselves were very comfortable.

The breakfast provided by the hotel is great. Plenty of options and I loved being able to try the local produce i.e cheese. The fresh bread each morning was lovely, allowing guests to cut a slice as thick or thin as desired.

There is an outside seating area which is ideal to rest tired feet after a day of walking around the city and staff are on hand to handle drinks orders.

We were given some biscuits, (which were also in our room when we arrived and readily available at reception) as a gift upon checkout - I felt this was a nice touch.

If I were to return to Prague, I would definitely check availability of this hotel and would recommend to friends. However, I would tell them about the lack of air con as it's really not ideal and the heat in the room can make it rather uncomfortable.

Overall I had a pleasant stay at the Klarov and enjoyed my short break in Prague.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Klarov Prague and for your time to write a review here on Trip Advisor, it's highly appreciated. I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant experience, that you have enjoyed our location, room amenities, breakfast, but especially the service provided by our staff. I will be happy to share your nice words with the entire team.
I sincerely hope that air-condition absence didn't spoil your stay and we sincerely hope to welcome you back if your travel plans take you to Prague again!
When planning your next trip, please feel free to contact us directly or visit our web site for the best deals and special offers for returning customers.