“Not an Indian Jewel”

Indian Jewel
Ranked #268 of 5,857 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: The Indian Jewel, voted as one of the best Indian restaurants in Prague and located in the heart of Prague's Old Town, makes an honest effort to create an amalgamation of some of the finest gems of Indian cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was not good compared to what we paid. They charged 75czk for a small plate of rice. These people would charge you for using your fork if they could.

Sanny1963, Owner at Indian Jewel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

The idea of having a big 8 foot long menu outside the restaurant is to show our potential guests the prices of each dish. The display is to give you an idea to your affordable prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,022)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ordered both veg and non veg food. Though non veg food was loved by everyone, veg was just decent. Dal makhani was better than dal fry.

One thing to remember , all Indian restaurants, do not give free green chutney, onion, pickles or even tomato sauce. Everything comes for a price and in our country , it's served as many times as we ask for

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A jewel of a restaurant for those who seek a genuine, traditional Indian food. Certainly the tastiest pasanda I’ve ever had and my husband was well pleased with his rogan josh. And very nice, fluffy garlic naan. Your dish can be spiced as hot as you dare to ask for :D
Add a traditional decor and attentive, courteous staff and you’ll have the loveliest Indian meal in Prague, hands down :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned back to the hotel after a wonderful dinner at. Indian jewel
Excellent outdoor and indoor lounge to eat
Service excellent
I explained to MR. RAHMAN I am allergic to cream He immediately told me not to order PALAK PANEER which was my first choice . Since I wanted to eat. Palak he managed to get me without cream and. Paneer. He added few potatoes.
Yellow dal I ordered was superb
Food was superb piping hot .
Service was fast
I will recommend without any hesitation this lovely restaurant.
I had though little rough time finding this jewel because one has to go through small tunnel and it is on the square with other restaurants.
Hopefully before leaving Prague I intend to visit one more time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate outside as it was a warm night. The restaurant is located just off the Old Town square in a quaint little location. The food we had was delicious and there were plenty of options for vegetarians. Staff were friendly and polite, although the prices were slightly expensive, but that’s typical of city center. Would definitely eat here again.