Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
CheapTicketsUS$168
Orbitz.comUS$168
Hotels.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
3,019 results
All reviews happy hour qamboja spa an ocean view room outdoor shower day trip our honeymoon call to prayer bedroom villa tapas beach hawkers private pool a la carte watching the sunset relaxing holiday beautiful resort infinity pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2015

We spent 2 nights at Quinci in our honeymoon. Everithing was amazing, the room Qesemsem, the food, swimingpool, restaurants, etc. It has good location.
We would like to back again in our nexr travel to Indonesia

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott_Lombok, Owner at Qunci Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear carsollisc,

Thank you for your review and we will see you on your next trip to Lombok.

Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

I'm currently sitting on my sun lounger at Qunci Villas surrounded by lush palms and the blue sea and I'm wondering why Qunci doesn't have 5 stars?!
Our stay has been almost perfect and I really am picking the smallest things to 'complain' about because this place really is idylic!
Our room- villa number 57, a second floor, sea view room. It's very spacious, the bed is huge (a super king I think), we have a lovely, comfortable balcony and an open air bathroom which is also spacious. We are provided with all the extras you could possibly think of from toothbrush to shaving kit and cotton buds, lovely shower gel, shampoo/conditioner and the usuals like a hair dryer and safe. We are also provided with an electric mozzie killer! I can't fault the room at all! Maid service everyday, towels changed daily and the turn down service complete with daily 'fogging' to kill any Mosquitos (which by the wa we didn't see any of).
As I said the surroundings are beautiful- three pools, one being a 'smoke free' pool which is nice, 1 small bar, 2 restaurants and a spa on site. The prices at the restaurants and the bar are very reasonable, we were spending around £50 on a 3 course meal for both of us including wine at the hotel restaurants and the food was of very good quality. The lunch menu had Indonesian specials as well as your usual baguettes and burgers which we're priced around £5. The bar was lovely for 'sundowners' and offered at 2 hour 'happy hour' from 5-7 which included their delicious cocktails on a 2 for 1 offer.
We visited the spa one afternoon and enjoyed an hour long couples massage which was heavenly and was so cheap at around £25.
Now, when I really really think about it and I hope Qunci use this as constructive criticism and nothing more, there were just 4 faults I can think of that would have made our stay that bit more perfect....
1. Breakfast- the eggs were never properly cooked through making them slimy and watery
2. One evening my husband wasn't feeling well so wanted an early night leaving me to do my own thing- I opted for a bottle of wine and a burger on the balcony and a trashy magazine (not wanting to eat a full meal on my own in the restaurant). I ventured downstairs to the restaurant around 6pm and asked if a burger would be possible but I was told it wasn't because they stop the lunch time menu at 5.30. I then went to the bar and asked for some tapas but again, this menu had stopped also. It would be great if the lunch time menu continued into the evening as I think you do tend to get a bit bored with eating a full 'posh' meal every night, even though the food is delicious!
3. I know we're honeymooners but that doesn't mean we're boring and want to go to bed at 10pm! EVERYTHING shuts at 10, no restaurants, no bars nothing! It would be great if the bar stayed open even until midnight with some good music playing to cater for those who want a bit more of an atmosphere?
4. The Romantic meal- my sister in law had bought us this as a surprise which we decided to have on our last night. Not great. It's a set menu of 5 courses and a bottle of wine. The surroundings were lovely, in a beach front pagoda, crisp white table linen, rose petals on the floor, lovely but the food was no where near as good as the restaurant food- we couldn't even decide if the 1st course was fish or chicken! If they created a set menu from the food they already do in the restaurants it would have been perfect. A little tip if you're going to book the romantic meal- there are 3 pagodas to choose from, 2 of them are VERY public so unless you want an audience when you eat go for the one at the far end of the beach furthest away from the bar- this way you won't have any passers by!

We only ventured into Sengiggi twice as the food at Qunci was so good we didn't feel the need to go out for dinner. To be brutally honest, it wasn't great! Everywhere seemed to be empty apart for 'Happy Cafe' which was indeed HAPPY! What a place- think Indonesian karaoke/Blackpool/everything you didn't think you wanted for your honeymoon but it was so much fun and nice to go somewhere with a bit more life!!

Other than a trip into Sengiggi which is about 2 miles away, there are two bars right next to Qunci- the Verve which opened in Jan 2015 (so not in any guide books) is literally a minutes walk up the beach behind Qunci's NooQ bar. It has it's own pool, decent beach front views and nice wine (very important!). Again, not a busy place bit I think once it gets a reputation it will do well.
The other hidden gem is the 'Nuff said' warung another minutes walk past the verve. This rustic little place is a perfect spot for a cold beer whilst the sun sets. It's is essentially a little shack and perhaps not to everyone's tastes but we thought it was lovely!

Another thing to mention- there are hawkers on the beach which will try and sell you something. Please bear in mind these people are only trying to make an honest living so try not to get annoyed with them. They're nice people and if you are polite and just exchange pleasantries they'll move on.

Happy holidays!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jennie M

Dear Jennie M,

We are happy again for a fabulous honeymoon for yet another guest.

We would have liked it to be *perfect * (!)....and we'll try even harder next time. But we do note your 5-star rating (which you give rarely here on TA).

To your points :

1. Eggs, yes, I am ware of this and we are looking into new equipment to make sure that our eggs are perfect everytime.

2. I will check on the restaurants and bars about the unavailability of certain items and closing hours. This should not be the case.

3. I will also check again on the romantic dinner. It is to be special not just because of the atmosphere but the food as well.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Qunci villas is simply stunning. Beautifully designed, perfectly appointed, wonderful facilities and a superb sunset. A truly amazing hotel. The staff provide a superb service and the quality of the hotel is far ahead of the cost of staying.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear KR_UK84,

*Best hotel I have ever stayed in *

Says it all! thanks!

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 12 nights in this wonderful boutique hotel in Lombok. It's on the Coast with Bali volcano on the horizon. Food is great but can sometimes be heavy on the flavours. That said, when I complained about a one particular meal they bout me an alternative and gave us the dinner for free. The only other thing that let the hotel down was a load of workman building a new pagoda between the two pool areas. Two weeks of hammering and sawing was not what we expected. Rooms are fabulous! Went to the Gili Islands for a day. Exceptional diving! Also hired a taxi for the day to explore the North of the island before the developers move in.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear davelunnmobile,

12 nights! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I also note that you stayed at Qunci a year ago when we did have a problem with the pagoda after a rough storm and repairs were needed.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at Qunci with the whole family, 8 adults and 3 young kids, and we booked 4 rooms. The hotel is nicely located in a more quiet area of Senggigi, the Mangsit beach. Landscaping is very nice while beach side pools, there are 3 of them, are also super nice, great for relaxing and taking some laps. The beach is nice for walking and some dipping. Staffs were also friendly and helpful. Restaurants, there are 2, are excellent for breakfast and dinner and price, I think is reasonable for its quality and location. You cant really beat breakfast and dinner on the beach.

Now the but parts...some minor details...
- Not really kids friendly...all pools are 160cm deep. Stairs to 2nd floor had no railing in some parts and rather steep.
- Bathrooms on the 2nd floor of the villas are rather small and have no shower hose. Shower box is open and as a result water spills all over the place. Bathrooms are also rather dark as lighting come from bathroom mirror only.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Olie92,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that your whole family enjoyed Qunci Villas.

As for the lighting in the bathrooms, let me look into this. We have recently added more lighting in the bathrooms at guests requests but let me follow up on this.