“An unbelievable paradise located in the primary...”
Luxury Cabo Matapalo Vacation Estate Home, steps to beach, sleeps 20, private suites, chef, tours.
Infinity Pool after a rough day at the beach steps away. Tres Palmas, 8000 sf estate
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Infinity Pool after a rough day at the beach steps away.
Tres Palmas, 8000 sf estate
1500 sf pool deck, yoga deck, barbecues, star gazing!!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
andrew_br...
Jackson, Michigan
“An unbelievable paradise located in the primary rain-forest! Heaven on Earth.”
Reviewed 17 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I have stayed in many luxurious places around the world - but nothing can compare to Tres Palmas. To begin with, we absolutely love the Osa Peninsula and have always stayed at the beautiful Lapa Rios property. On this occasion, we were traveling with a group so we decided to rent a home. We are so happy that we did.

Tres Palmas is the most stunning property I have ever seen. The location is set in primary rain-forest above captivating views of the ocean and jungle. Over the course of a week - we saw four species of monkey, peccary, toucans, macaws, parrots, parakeets, vultures, tayras, and much more. If you are a nature lover, simply take a stroll around the property early in the morning or about 4pm - and you won't believe how active this jungle is. Throughout the property, you will find amazing flowers and fruit trees of all kinds (mango, lime, orange, starfruit, bananas, etc). The hike to the beach is beautiful and when you arrive you will have miles of unspoiled beaches all to yourself (the hike back up is a little hard). The fact that the home sits above the ocean allows for a continuous ocean breeze and wonderful temperatures.

The massive, open-air home is beyond words. Clean, updated, relaxing, and with the best views I've seen anywhere in the world. We usually all congregated in the main living area where there were couches, hammocks, lounges, etc. We also spent hours each day in the gorgeous infinity-edged pool. Each of the casitas were beautiful and very large. There are four suites - two king and two queen. The queen suites are perfect for children as there is a separate bedroom with bunk-beds and a locking door. The beds and linens are very comfortable and you have all the amenities of a five-star hotel in the room. The ceiling fans and open windows allowed the ocean breeze to fill the room and sleeping temperatures were very comfortable. The queen suites also have a sitting area. The bathrooms were very beautiful - updated, modern and even an outdoor shower area. One note - for some reason the queen suites have hot water whereas the two king suites did not.

Now for the food! It was simply put - AWESOME! We chose to purchase the all-inclusive package and the staff and chef never disappointed (and we had three meals per day). Glorious fresh-fruit (some ripened on the trees of the property), Costa Rican breakfasts, traditional Costa Rican lunches, and dinners of all varieties. Every meal was a delight!!!! Dinners had tons of variety from fresh caught fish, to tender steak, to amazing fresh shrimp, and so on. The staff also made delicious, fresh desserts with every dinner. On the whole, the entire culinary experience was superb and not to be missed. The only thing that would have made it even better would be some fresh juices. The papaya and mangoes they served were the best I have ever had in my life.

I also have to mention the great staff which made us feel welcomed and cared for the entire trip. They were all awesome and we tipped them very well on the last night. We also arranged tons of tours through Brad - all of which were excellent. In no particular order we did - two local 4 hour hikes, Corcovado, the night hike, kayaking in the mangroves, and horseback riding. All were an A++. For all but one tour - Rodolfo was our guide. I HIGHLY recommend him. He was kind, very funny, very informed, and knew the trails inside and out. For Corcovado we had Melvin whom I had worked with before at another hotel. He too is excellent. Brad and George were both very helpful and made the booking experience flawless.

On the whole, as a guy that travels the world - this was by far my favorite vacation. The house, the staff, the nature, and the setting were just amazing. Will I be going back? As soon as humanly possible. We cannot to wait to return to this stunning home that left us with great memories that we will never forget.

Note - we also brought our two-year-old daughter and she had a very good time.

27 Apr 2018
Thank you for you great review of our property (Mini-Lodge). So glad you enjoyed your stay, and welcome you back anytime, and we do offer returning guests a nice discount too.
Pura Vida, from all of us here at Tres Palmas
George W
“Great house, with outstanding pool, beautiful scenery, very friendly staff and delicious meals.”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This house or villa is outstanding for its workmanship, design, lay-out; spectacular view of the ocean, the pool is like a magnet, it draws you into itself.

The staff was exceedingly friendly, helpful; the meals were always on time, very delicious and the ladies very very open to requests and accommodations.

The wildlife around the house was like a small version of Nat. Geographic; monkeys, toucans, hawks, various insects all visible around the property.

The tours are open to various land and water excursions, we had a variety of experiences from, tree rapelling, waterfall rapelling, horseback riding, dolphin viewing and kayaking. Everyone of the the guides on the tours very great with the kids, professional and went out of their way to explain details and safety features. These guides were exceptionally atuned to customer service.

13 Dec 2017
Hi George, I am so glad you and your family had a good time here at our Little Piece of Paradise. I am happy to hear our staff at tres Palmas was attentive to your needs and appeased your requests.The Osa Peninsula is so Biodiverse with all its wildlife, I can't take responsibility for its Grandeur, everyone who is blessed to visit is left in Awe for weeks after departing. We hope you can come back and visit us again and would love to have you back. Pura Vida from the Jungle!!!
d_seeking...
Houston, Texas
“Birthday weekend with my girls ”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

This year I turn 47 and wanted to do something totally different so I stumbled on this amazing property and fell in love at first click! It is a stunning property in which there is a seamless blend with nature and architecture. The design is open and airy to allow the Pacific Ocean breeze cool you while enjoying your morning coffee over looking the pool. The main structure was the perfect meeting place for our daily meals, having adult beverages or dancing to our favorite tunes. I stayed in the king suite which is designed to be functional and beautiful at the same time. I enjoyed my open air showers and the wake up call of the birds every morning.

No need to worry about meals there is onsite staff that will prepare all the delicious meals you and your guests desire. This is a must stay property! I'm planning my next trip and I just left!

Note that we are high up a hill so transportation costs gets pricey so if your a good driver rent a off road vehicle to same money.

fluidsoul...
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Relaxed”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I have to admit that I was hesitant to travel to the Osa Peninsula (I’m a big surfer, and if I’m flying anywhere, there better be waves!), however once we arrived to Tres Palmas my mind had completely changed. From the moment we touched down in Puerto Jimenez, I was excited. The ride out to the house was an extreme adventure on its own! As soon as we spotted the house, our entire car went silent in awe. Tres Palmas is by far one of the most magnificent feats of architecture I have ever seen. Add to it the serenity of the jungle and the mind-blowing views. As soon as we walked through the main house I was able to see the surf break right below and I was instantly (somehow) happier. The food we ate was fantastic – I highly recommend letting the caretakers cook for you. The pool was amazing especially after a long day surfing. The only thing I could complain about is that I wish we had spent more than a week at Tres Palmas!

morgana58...
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Pure Paradise”
Reviewed 3 May 2016 for a stay in June 2015

We arrived to Tres Palmas early in the morning and were immediately in love. The main house was like nothing we had ever seen before and you can definitely see the love and dedication that was put into creating this haven in the middle of the jungle. We had such a relaxing time laying by the pool, watching macaws and toucans fly by, while hearing and seeing monkeys swinging and playing through the trees. A little slice of paradise that we were so fortunate to travel to, I would recommend going if you're looking for the perfect escape. With so much to do (or so little if you choose), there is something for everyone: from surfing, to fishing, exploring the jungle, hiking to waterfalls. We can't wait to go back and try the zip lining and horseback riding down the beach! The staff was incredible and the food was delicious! Tres Palmas is absolutely breathtaking!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 May 2016
Thank you Morgan, for choosing Tres Palmas as your "Perfect Escape" for your vacation in Cabo Matapalo, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Agreed, It truly is a Slice of Paradise!! Speaking for our on-site staff they all appreciate the compliments, and most of all that their work aided in you all having a great vacation. I will be happy to arrange all your tours, rental cars, flights, co-ordinate food/meals to help make you next vacation a less stressful one in planning. As for tours/activities just ask me for the complete list as we offer over 25 tours now, (Dolphin Watch a must) and our guides are awaiting to serve!!! Also, we offer our "Repeat Guests" a discount for return visits. Thanks Again & Best Wishes, Brad
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing