“Excellent luncch”
Review of The Oyster Inn

The Oyster Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Oneroa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Views are incredible, food was even more so. Super welcoming staff and lovely chilled out vibe.

Beetroot salad - best salad I've ever had!

Oysters - so fat and juicy!

Salt and pepper squid, 'fries with eyes', sourdough - loved everything.

Go, you'll love it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be gifted a night with dinner here whilst on our honeymoon. We had spent the day visiting our friend's favourite vineyards and then ended up here which was a fabulous way to end the day.

We started with a celebratory glass of Verve and as I love fish and my husband is a meat eater we opted for Man O War Sauvignon and Bordeaux to accompany our meals - John Dory special and Steak!

For desert we shared Apple and Feijoas crumble with coconut ice cream and the cheese board washed down with a Man O War dessert wine. All delicious! A lovely touch was a congratulatory message on a plate as they knew we were on our honeymoon.

We were in room 1 - with a very comfortable bed and we only wished we were there for longer. Lovely products in the bathroom which was a wet room (my only slight criticism would be that surface that the basin sits on was a bit too close to the loo) - if I had drunk more wine I could see myself easily knocking into it.

Breakfast was lovely too - we shared a portion of granola and then had poached eggs on toast with a side of bacon - both very generous portions and we didn't need much for lunch.

Don't forget to check out the shop which is now underneath - I picked up a lovely grey merino wool asymmetrical top.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The service was top-class, very well-mannered staff and desire to please. The restaurant is situated one level above street-level giving you a gorgeous view of the bay. Also a bonus being elevated above the holiday/shoppers down below. The food was delicious. We were part of a rather large family group in our own room of the restaurant and loved the family-friendly way our meal was served for this special ocassion (60th birthday). Nothing was a problem for this well-run establishement.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This is the coolest place on waikeke island.

Few rooms and owners treat you special.

Best fish and chips in New Zealand and believe me I looked and ate.

Right in the middle of town. Take free bus to winery's.

We will be back.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluecash
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful location, we were on the verandah overlooking the ocean. We had a dozen oysters and they were delicious. Our main meals were divine, I can recommend the squid. Great wine choices and the staff were the best I have come across in our 2 week visit to New Zealand. Thanks for a lovely Sunday afternoon.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneroa
4.8 km away
1.4 km away
Delamore Lodge
Delamore Lodge
#2 of 29 in Waiheke Island

Been to The Oyster Inn? Share your experiences!