“We will go again”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Our meal was very good and reasonably priced: fish, chips and peas, and scampi, chips and salad. It was served piping hot. The chips were hand cut and delicious; everything was fresh. The service was friendly (big smiles from the lady of the house). I used the facilities - very clean. The atmosphere is of an old place, with a beautiful fireplace, with some old-fashioned touches, very well kept. We were just my husband and I but, next time, we will take our sons and daughter-in-law. Lovely!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful pub, lovely settings and made for familys.
Embarrassingly I forgot my pin and the contactless wasn't working so I raided my money pot in the car but was still short but a lovely gentleman that worked behind the bar allowed the shortfall. Really amazing. Food looked amazing to but couldn't afford it haha.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Just had family lunch, children very happy with outdoor play area and the food was all freshly made. Real fish goujons which you don't find very often. We will return!

1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Ok - pretty average. Shame not more atmosphere but better than it used to be! Food ok for the price but nothing special!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

The proprietors of this pub have only been here for nine months and are trying hard to improve the business - successfully I think The pub is an attractive old building with good car parking and a nice garden with children's playthings including a "bouncy castle". There is a good selection of beers including draught ales and there is a very adequate menu including vegetarian options. the ambience is excellent and the pub and eating areas are comfortable. The meals we received were excellent and nicely served - I will most definitely eat here again.