Atlantica Aeneas Hotel
US$273
US$256
US$201
  • Breakfast included
Nestor Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Pool
US$248
US$216
Faros Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$376
Mon Repos Design Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$47
  • Pool
US$385
Bookcyprus.com
Senator Hotel Apartments(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily lifeswim up roommain buildinggrill restaurantmain poolbaby clubantibacterial wipesfree sectionsoup and sandwicheswet barhand footserenity poolfire breathingswim nappysuper family hotelsplash poolnissi beach
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A good impression when we first arrived at the hotel. I thought on the first day that the resort deserved its 5 star rating however by the end of the week the rating reduced to 4 star at best and probably more like a 3 star when the hotel is full. The reason for the reduction is that as the hotel got busier the tables for breakfast, lunch and dinner were not cleared as quickly, lots of dirty tables left for ages or you would go back for more food to find your table cleared of drinks and someone else sitting there! And by the end of the week there were no clean tables so you would be searching for somewhere to sit and then looking for someone to clean and lay the table and then another person to get a drink. Oh dear one extreme to another such a shame as for the first couple of days I was struggling to find anything negative. You also had to get your own tea end coffee and these only came from a machine, I would have preferred drinks to at least be brought to the table as we have experienced in other hotels. It’s definitely a better service inside the restaurant area than sitting outside to eat.

The resort is really for families and families were there in abundance. At times it felt like being in a nursery with screaming toddlers everywhere. The facilities are great with a play area, shallow and safe pools and lots of kids clubs and of course the obligatory mini disco but would I recommend this hotel to couples or singles no probably not. The hotel and beaches had life guards everywhere so a real feel of safety should anyone be in need of rescue.

The food is cooked well but quite bland. The wine available at lunch and dinner is surprisingly good. Would definitely recommend the Green and Grill restaurant which you can eat in once during your stay, the food was amazing and made a lovely change from getting up and down in the main buffet.

Lovely rooms, ours was a swim up room with private terrace including sun loungers. I did like the layout of the resort, based around the large swimming pool. Very pretty and a sense of community which isn’t easy to achieve. The hotel including our room is clean and nicely furnished.

Entertainment was ok with some local acts but the other evenings entertainment were provided by the TUI group, they did their best but not really for anyone over for age of ten.

Staff on whole are friendly, nice service at the bars (thank you George and Aphrodite for the continued crackers so moorish).

The beach is ok, a 15 minute walk to some tombs over 2000 year old which is worth a visit if you have an interest. You can also walk along a beach path to Aiya Napa (don’t listen to the rep who will tell you to walk along the road which is quicker but not pleasant). Aiya Napa, probably beautiful before tourists, a nice walk but not much reward at the end.

For adults there is a great gym with excellent facilities and a lovely spa with friendly staff.

One good thing is the bottled water provided free of charge from all parts of the hotel, not so good for the environment but good for guests and the hotel provides filtered water for those who can be bothered to fill a bottle and also recycle.

The hotel provides towels for the sun loungers which can be changed as many times as you wish so need need to pack these using up vital space in your suitcase.

Improvements noted for the hotel management - lights on the bridges as difficult in the dark and adults only section to restaurants, yes I get it’s a family resort but singles/ couples are paying guests too and their needs should be catered for. The restaurant needs a re think in terms of layout and helping guests to prepared tables and a bit more service please that is fitting for a 5 star rating.

Would we go again, no not unless traveling with children however I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, their needs are very catered for from the cleanliness of the high chairs to the safe environment.

So the last evening we had the pleasure of listening to Josh Bolt from England, his first year in Cyprus and just 3 weeks into the season. Josh is incredibly talented, playing his guitar and singing some amazing songs, thank you Josh for a memorable last evening at Aeneas (can’t figure out how to add my video clip)!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sasha P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was anxious about this holiday; first time abroad, with 3 children (1 with additional needs) but I didn't need to worry in the end as every person we met was helpful and extremely kind to all of us the hotel was lovely,clean and spacious the food was incredible theme nights were a hit only one we weren't keen on but we there was always something we could eat. The staff were brilliant; polite and friendly, from cleaners waiter/ess, receptionists, Everyone we met, but, special mention to Anastasía (hope i spelt her name correctly) she was lovely so helpful and genuinely kind, always a polite word and smiling; my youngest adored her! As for access we managed just fine in the dining room the Staff would nearly always remove a chair so my daughter could just roll up to the table in her wheelchair this was extremely helpful and considerate. Shower access in the room was slightly more difficult as it was a fixed glass partition but again we managed by using one of the plastic chairs from balcony. The kids entertainment seemed good my children weren't too bothered about it but did participate one evening, we didn't
stay long, as the adults seem to forget its about the kids and kept blocking the view of my youngest in
her wheelchair and anyone else that wanted to sit down and would surround the stage area; just sit down and let
the kids have fun and then all parents can then see their own kids!!! We ventured out down to the
local shops once again no issues even the shop keepers knew our names by the time our last day came! We needed
a pharmacy for on our flight back this was about a 45 min walk in total (there is a closer pharmacy which is
only open during the season,5 mins walk, next to local shop) we got what we needed no stress! my only peeve
was the beach; the amount of cigarette butts was disgusting I get it people are too lazy to take their
rubbish with them this includes actual rubbish that was left; carrier bags and pop cans etc but it did put
a slight dampner on the holiday when I wouldn't/couldn't let my daughter play on the beach too much as she was
playing in cigarette ends and who knows what! We did find a cleaner part further along but let's face it we go on holiday for the sun, SEA and
SAND! So why not look after these wonderful places!? On the plus side it is just across the road from the resort. All in all Great Resort, fantastic choice of food, staff went above and beyond (one amazing lady kept the candy floss machine a little later just so my daughter open could enjoy it too) I would highly Recommend this resort!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 1MsD1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here 25th March- 1st April and arrived on a very late flight (just after midnight). We were greeted with a glass of fruit juice and told that refreshment snacks could be sampled in the dining area- soup, sandwiches and bottled water, which was a welcome relief. On checking in they had decided to upgrade us to a family room which was a wonderful surprise! Our room was beautiful and had views over Thea's cafe, so we could see the sea. The room's are lovely, cleaned daily (towels changed every two days) and you are given a blue pool towel. There are tea and coffee facilities and a fridge which I didn't anticipate in an all inc. There is a safe, air con and a hair dryer. The mattress was so comfy- at 25 weeks pregnant I dreaded being without my maternity pillow, but found plenty of extra pillows in the wardrobe.

The staff that work here are absolute stars! From the waiting staff who are so attentive, to the entertainment staff who made our evenings "download and have some fun!" Whilst you are watching the evening entertainment, which has something for every age group, waiting staff bring you drinks and bowls of snacks. Alternatively you can go up to the bar and order your own- it is a large resort, it's unreasonable to expect them to be able to bring you a drink every time yours runs out!

The food was amazing!! There was something for everyone. My partner (rugby player) ate meat and salad (and about 4 stone of feta cheese) every day and night, whilst I carb loaded at the pasta and pizza station. They had special evenings such as Chinese, Mexican and Indian. There was even a gluten free and vegetarian stand away from the other food. Oh and the breakfast choice was amazing! I absolutely loved it, and I am an incredibly fussy eater. When the dining area was closed there is a snack stop near Thea's cafe that serves salads, fish finger sandwiches, chicken nuggets etc so there was always food available. You are entitled to one visit to the Green and Grill (amazing steak) and the Taverna (an array of mezze dishes, which were phenomenal!) Not sure how people can say the food was mundane or like a cafeteria- if you're going during school holidays to a family resort surely you would expect queues?!

The week we arrived was the week before season really began, so the nearby area was very quiet, you are a stones throw from the gorgeous Nissi Beach, where there looked like there would be a lot of entertainment once the resort opened for season. We highly recommend the Famagusta excursion, well worth the money and so easy to organise through the amazing TUI reps!

As our babymoon came to an end, we felt sad we had only booked 7 days, wishing we had another week there. We are currently looking at booking again for next year, hence why I'm leaving a review!

I think some of the other reviews on here are from people who have probably experienced 5 star hotels in other parts of the world where they are not family resorts catering for families! This is a beautiful resort, with fantastic staff who really made our holiday, the food is so varied and delicious, you're right on the beach but have everything you could possibly need within the hotel, everything is clean and there is so much to do! So if you have common sense, and are understanding that it's a family resort, so there will be a lot of noise, large family groups and queues for food and drink (never queued more than 2 minutes for coffee in the morning), then don't hesitate to book this amazing resort.

Atlantica- we will be back next year <3

Room Tip: Now looking on to the pool, although this does get the sun during the day it;s quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Keely88
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this wedding package through TUi to be married at this hotel and to be honest we were worried before we arrived as there was hardly any communication from any TUI rep prior to flying so we were expecting the worst... as soon as we arrived at the hotel we knew there was absolutly nothing to worry about.
The reception staff were exceptional, they were all so friendly and professional, there was nothing that they could not sort out for us, Although all of the staff were excellent I would like to thank Svetlana as she helped with any issues we had.
We upgraded the room to Premium Family Room with Pool Swim-Up... I was hoping to upgrade to a family suite but seeing the room we knew we did not need to upgrade further. We found welcome gifts in our room which consisted of bottle of sparkly wine, fruit, chocolates and a huge cake!
We met with Koola (Wedding co-ordinator) on the second day... everything was organised and sorted so easily it put our minds at rest and we knew we could relax and enjoy the holiday rather than worry about the wedding. Koola always had a cheerful attitude and she done a fantastic job on our day, we also had the TUI wedding co-ordinator who also done a exceptional job with helping to arrange all the flowers and anything else we would like, these 2 worked well together and although there were other weddings during the 2 weeks we felt just as special, they made it about us and gave us our perfect day.
The food was good with plenty of variety and the theme nights were excellent... after we has worked out that the waiters/managers take you on to your table it seemed to work alright but there are plenty of people who did not know or ignored this system and take your table when you are getting your food so we had to have one person wait at the table whilst the other got thier food.
The childrens entertainment looked good but our son (8 year old) did not want to participate, unfortunatly there is no real play area for this age, the play area looks good for up to 5 year olds but no where near big enough for older kids.
There were plenty of bars to choose from so you do not have to walk miles to get a drink, all the bar staff were excellent and we could have a good laugh with them.
Check in was good for us... only a 5 minute wait, check out was a nightmare as it seemed everyone in the hotel was going home on the same day so the reception area was packed with suitcases and people waiting to leave... the bus picked us up around 9pm but we were allowed to continue with the all inclusive which was good.

My only grumble is the kids play area... could do with a larger one that 8-12 year olds can play in. We took our son to a few places/pubs up the road in the evenings to burn off some energy in better play areas.

All in all... we had a fantastic time and so glad we chose this hotel for our wedding, thank you to all the staff who made this holiday/wedding so special for us.

I was going to give 4 stars due to lack of play equiptment but as the service was so good I have to give 5*

Room Tip: We chose a swim up room for special treat, some swim up rooms that was on or near a public throughfair had everyone looking in on you!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank chrissharp12670
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just come back after a weeks holiday (party of 5 including my granddaughter who is almost 5). We had a fantastic time and could not fault anything. Staff, food, drink and service all excellent. Entertainment for the children great too, including the Bamse Club, the children’s entertainers work so hard to ensure all enjoy. Would definitely recommend . Nissi beach is like being in the Caribbean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family