All reviews free shuttle close to the airport mini bar the bus hotel shuttle rooms are clean an overnight stay front desk staff hour layover an early morning flight second floor crisps hotel restaurant soviet style min walk a la carte air conditioner
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The property is located about 1000 meters from Domodedovo Airport, which is close enough to walk. This is not a beautiful hotel from exterior appearance, but inside the hotel is clean, and my room was just fine. This is not a luxury hotel, so I only rated it "very good". I had several pieces of heavy luggage which was easily handled by taking the shuttle that runs every 15 minutes. I checked out at 3:30am for an early morning flight, and the shuttle was waiting right outside the front door. My room was spacious, clean, and had most amenities you would expect, including a refrigerator w/ mini bar. I chose to upgrade my room, due to previous reviews that complain about lack of AC in the rooms. My room had a great AC, which was welcome considering it was almost 28 degrees C. outside. The only slight negative is the harder mattress, which is really a personal preference, and not a specific flaw of the hotel. The restaurant had hot food available at lunch and dinner time. If nothing appeals to you in the cafeteria, you can always walk to the airport for more casual dining options. Check-in and check-out took less than 2 minutes each, and considering I was checking in early, they had no problem. This is not a hotel that you would stay at, except if you have a flight to catch, and you need to be near the airport. However, the Aeroexpress train runs from the airport to central Moscow in 45 minutes, and I was tempted to go back into the city one last time, once I checked myself in, but I did not. For Airport convenience, this hotel is perfect for an early morning flight, which worked flawless for me.

Room Tip: If the weather is hot, ask about AC in the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I had a very early flight out of Moscow the next morning so chose to stay here as it’s right next to the airport. On check in the reception staff were very friendly and explained that there was a free mini-bar in the room and they operated free shuttles to/from the airport. The room itself was OK, a bit rough around the edges and very basic and dated. Although it said it was a no-smoking room, the room smelled smoky or fusty. Maybe it’s been occupied by smokers and this smell has come from their clothes? It wasn’t over-powering and as a non-smoker I wasn’t overly offended by it, but it was definitely noticeable. The mini-bar was two packets of crisps, two ‘choco-pies’ and two bottles of water and some apple juice, so not fantastic but hey, it’s free and it was more than I was expecting so I was very happy to have it. I tried to use the business centre to print out my boarding pass but had some difficulty as everything was in Russian and when I eventually got Google in English, it said there was a problem connecting to the BA website. In reception there is a sign saying to add 15-20 mins for the shuttle bus journey due to the new road-layout. I decided to walk. Even at 03:30am it was well lit and there were plenty of people (security and police) around so that I felt safe. It’s about 7 mins walk (with luggage). You can buy souvenirs outside the airport but if you’re after a matryoshka doll then get one at the hotel. They were selling them for 1500 Roubles (about £17) whereas the airport will offer you a 40% discount but they’re STILL about 2900 Roubles (£31). Oh and take earplugs because you’re right under the flight paths of course. It’s a very cheap hotel and you get what you pay for but for one night, it was fine.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
eponomareva, Администратор at Aerotel Domodedovo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Janiedoesdallas!
Thanks for your feedback!
The computers in the business center have both Russian and English interface. Unfortunately, there were problems with access to some sites, but they were fixed as soon as possible. We apologize for any dissatisfaction and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Looking forward to seeing you again!
Sincerely, Airhotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Walking out of the airport, the hotel is bit hard to find, and the place to catch the shuttle is a bit difficult. Some of this is due to current construction, however. Once at the hotel, checkin was easy, the hotel was very inviting, and the room was more than fine. The minibar was stocked with complimentary items including beer and chocolate. The restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. We opted for the ala carte rather than the buffet, and the meal was very good. The staff arranged a taxi to our ultimate destination in Moscow. Very efficient, very friendly, and very relaxing for a US citizen not sure how things would be in Moscow.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this hotel because of how terrible it is. The best part is the employees of the hotel absolutely embrace the fact that there is no air conditioner in the entire place even though it is 35c in my room. The shuttle service actually takes longer than WALKING to the terminal and it seems like every time I stay here, the hotel obviously sneaks in at night, very angry and loud circus performers who tumble up and down the hallways. I would say something but it's just too hot and if they can perform in the fire and hell that is the hallway of this god forsaken establishment then I will let them.
And the restaurant! I was the only person there at 8:30 pm on a Saturday night so the fact I stayed is more an indictment on my selection abilities but the best was when I asked for an English menu this was seen somehow as a personal attack on not only the waiter but also his family as the disgust he showed was palpable.
There is a Ramada that is as equally awful as this hotel but like the employees I will embrace this hell hole for what it is and look forward to the next night of sweating and looking forward to be treated as if I am a war criminal. I did ask that they change the name to "No Air Hotel" but I have not received any response back from the management at this time.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Airhotel Domodedovo whilst visiting Moscow for the World Cup finals. It is undoubtedly one of the worst hotels me and my travelling buddy have ever stayed in. It was like going back to the hotels we had stayed in Spain in the 80’s. Fuzzy felt carpets, dated and stained decor. Rock hard beds with flat pillows and very dated bathrooms. The heat was unbearable. We both had to (try) sleep with our windows wide open which meant the roar of planes taking off and landing kept us awake all night. Very poor experience and I would recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs - unless you fancy a trip down memory lane!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends