1,589 results
All reviews indoor pool studio spa suite serviced daily tennis courts margaret river squash court an upgrade beach access short drive full kitchen great facilities geographe bay great spot long weekend family holiday cafe atrium
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I thought that for the price that it is not value for money.

We were insured out from the bar area at ten pm

The front desk service left a bit to be desired

The rooms are okay but feel left down by the overall perception

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

$331 for 1 night’s accommodation in a 2-bdrm apt “with views of the beach”. It’s very dated & in desperate need of repair. The taps need washes replacing - they dripped ALL night. The window winder is broken, and the gas burners don’t all work on the hob. Definitely not worth the money spent. Extremely disappointing!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

If I could give this place a minus star review I would!!!!
I made a booking for this weekend on 22/8/2018 at abbey beach resort. Upon doing my research I found the Broadwater to have much better reviews and a few hindered dollars cheaper so I emailed abbey beach on 22/8/18 cancelling my 4 night stay. I received 2 email confirmations stating it was cancelled. On Monday 28/9/18 they deducted a large sum of money from my account. Can you imagine my heart attack when I saw they had taken money from me for a visit I’d cancelled in August. I called as soon as I saw that and I spoke to a delightful lady who calmed me down as I was pretty irate . She promised me mark Braham would call me the next morning at a certain time. Low and behold a call was not received and I had to chase him. When I called reception the guy on the phone was rude , he spoke to me like I was insignificant and was such a bother to him. Finally I spoke to mark who said he has no idea how this happened and would refund my money. There was no sincerity in his voice and again I felt like I was inconvencing him. I’m still awaiting my refund and when I asked him what he could do for causing us such an inconvenience and if he could send a gift basket or champagne to my room where I’m currently staying he told me no. This company has taken money from me don’t seem to care about the inconvenience caused. I would think twice about staying here given the rudeness from mark and the other gentleman I spoke to. BEWARE giving them your credit card details!!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Mark B, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Ainsworth1981,

We are once again sorry about the incident that has occurred and the inconvenience that this has caused, sadly some of what you have written is incorrect and some has been embellished to the point of make believe. As you have mentioned the funds were charged on the Monday and then first thing Tuesday morning was followed up by Mark, the Rooms Division Manager, who has apologised over the phone several times and another 10 or so times via email correspondence between yourselves since then. Its nice to hear and the message was received that the lady you spoke with who dealt with the issue, calming you down handle the situation well. When you spoke with Mark I believe you thanked him for the way this was dealt with and that you weren’t happy with the other staff member you spoke with, Mark has spoken to this person who has gone through some additional training. As we have mentioned this was a genuine unfortunate mistake and is a problem with the property management software which has been confirmed by the companies technical support personnel. It is the first time this has happened and as soon as you contacted the Resort late Monday night this was actioned with the refund being processed immediately Tuesday morning in under 12 hours of your first contact and the receipt of this transaction was emailed through to yourself immediately. As a Resort we realise that this had caused an inconvenience we have unreservedly apologised on numerous occasions and admitted that this shouldn’t have happened, and the software company is looking into why and how this happened. Unfortunately once the refund was done at the Resort end its up to the banks and we are unable to make the banks work any faster in moving funds.

Once again we apologise, we realise that you have taken accommodation elsewhere but believe that if you had of booked directly through the Resort we have the cheapest rates and not through a third party who charges a commission to the property for the booking, thus generally meaning the rate is more expensive than you can obtain from the property direct. Its unfortunate that when you decide to cancel that you did not mention this so that we could explain this and have the chance to go through our options for you.

We do hope that we have the chance to see you again in the future and hope you enjoyed your holiday in the Region.

Regards

Abbey Beach Resort

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly, helpful staff. Second time we have been and does not disappoint. Close to the beach so great for a walk in the afternoon. Pool was clean and tidy and close to all the Busselton/Margaret river area has to offer.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018

My husband and I stayed at Abbey Beach Resort for three nights for a recent conference. The room is outdated, but incredibly clean and the staff were outstanding and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The facilities are good and would be wonderful to use during the summer months, unfortunately however the bed was terrible. Upon checking into our room and finding a queen bed, I asked the front desk if we could move to a room with a king size bed, however I was told they didn't have any rooms with king beds (although in their resort booklet it states that they can put two single beds together to make a king size bed, I'm assuming this was in a two bedroom suite). With nothing else to do, but cozy up to each other in a queen sized bed we set in for the night. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable, however the next morning we asked the front desk if we could as suggested in their booklet have a mattress topper to soften the bed, which they were more than happy to do. This was an uneven, lumpy and oversized topper which made a little bit of difference, however moved around as we slept. As my husband is bigger than me I rolled in towards him and every time he moved the entire bed rocked. I've read other reviews about the poor beds and I think the resort needs to address this issue. I've stayed in hotels all around the word and I've never heard the excuse the resort uses that you need to provide a firm bed to cater for all clients. The decor, although stuck in the eighties didn't worry us, however the bedding made our nights uncomfortable and we wouldn't stay here again because of this. Such a pity, because the resort has obviously invested in hiring great staff.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room overlooking the indoor area, the noise in the rooms was apparently terrible
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business