See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I visit Port Fairy often and have stayed here on a number of occasions. Each time, I have found Thomas to be a most thoughtful owner and host. The place is clean, comfortable and quiet, located 2.5 kms from the centre of Port Fairy. It may be helpful for international travellers to remember that Port Fairy is a long way from the city and as such, the standards may be different when compared to city hotels. As a frequent traveller myself, I have enjoyed staying here and will be back.

Room Tip: Thomas has added 2 x fully self contained apartments on the property - great for family gatherings.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Phoned ahead for booking and advised we would be late arriving, but we made it before 8pm. Nice and neat and clean. The rainwater provided was great to drink and make properly tea and coffee. We were also able to replenish our drink water with the rain water .

Room Tip: They were all good
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LMS787
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

The room was dark and dingy, dirty and covered in cobwebs and spiders. We were desperate so had to stomach it but definitely won't be going there again. The only positive was that there was someone there late at night to be able to check in last minute.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Can't complain, it is budget accommodation. Fair way from town center and on the main road but noise was not a problem in our unit. Could not use wi fi in our room. Not much else to say, adequate but not special.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Where do I begin? Well, for starters, to be checked-in by the owners' young daughter because "dad was on the phone" was a little inappropriate. Heaven forbid credit cards are being dealt with in situations like this. One look at our Standard Studio with Kitchenette on arrival (room 6) sent shivers down my spine. The beautiful photos displayed over the internet are of the new street-front rooms only, because if the real rooms are shown this business would be in dire straits. This establishment hasn't been updated for decades! I don't believe the bedspread has either! Absolutely filthy room, clearly only waved-over with a cloth between guests. The first disgrace noted was the mound of dead ants and their dirt behind the bed and coming through the powerpoint - almost vomit-worthy! Must be such an effort to vac such unseeable places. The bedspread was stained and was so old it could be found in an op shop. What was left of the mattress and pillow protectors was a miserable excuse for coverage. I was afraid to actually get into the bed for fear of bedbugs! As for the bathroom, the sink had a layer of grime and the tap had old toothpaste covering it. There was no choice but to wear thongs in the shower as the old tiles throughout almost screamed papilloma! Hot water took practically the entire holiday to come through hot. The frayed and faded towels used are appalling, and they would be more practical as old painting rags, not for guests paying $190 per night for peak season (and only one face washer both days)! The little breakfast table would have been lovely if the unwashed tablecloth with the last guest's meal remnants was removed. We also had the pleasure of viewing a birds-nest outside our room on the light and excrement covering the wall and ground below it. No DVD player to be seen as stated on website either - UPDATE YOUR INCLUDED AMENITIES! To the owner - charging such an exorbitant fee for this time of the year warrants high quality attention to detail when it comes to customer service. For this price, accommodation is attainable in boutique locations in Melbourne, with service to match! I squirm to think of the money myself and my partner have handed over to you for the absolutely bare minimum attention received. And to be left with the instruction on the office door on check-out, to just leave the key inside the room and lock the door, as the owner was absent??! We did not see a soul, in terms of management or cleaners for the two days we stayed there. Fix your business immediately or you may just be getting a nice visit from DHS.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple