All reviews loft suite room service macquarie park fast food train station decent hotel across the road business trip shopping mall great room car park comfortable stay sydney mcdonalds office pillows ryde
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2021

We stayed here late 2020 and thought again, why not. The welcome last year set the stay as most enjoyable. What a difference a few months make. Two young ladies in reception about 5 PM and even though we are PlatinumElite members, no recognition. In fact they were so surely and downright not interested.
Room very good, had to ask for any amenities, look forward !!!!! to breakfast tomorrow morning. Don’t think we will return, let the saddies have it. NOT Marriott staff at all.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank John V
Reviewed 25 December 2020

This is my first time stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot North Ryde for a short staycation.

Location and transportation

The Courtyard North Ryde is located in Sydney’s North Shore, right opposite Macquarie Park Metro station. From there, once can easily reach a number of major business and shopping hub like Macquarie Centre (one stop), Chatswood (3 stops), North Sydney and Sydney CBD. Therefore, even for first time tourists, the hotel is a great base to explore Sydney.

Room and facilities

The Courtyard is a median size hotel, featuring a restaurant and a good size gym. I was assigned to room 618. What I like the room is its functionality and practicality. Unlike many other modern hotels which have a study desk in the room, the decent sized rooms in the Courtyard have a multipurpose round table instead. It can be used a work desk, or be used as dinner table. The long bench around the wall can also be used a work areas, to spread work files. Despite its location, i.e. right next to a major road, I could not hear any traffic noise, thanks to the excellent insulation. The ensuite features a bath which is very welcoming.

Services

Staff are very professional and efficient. Each room provides two reusable drinking bottles for unlimited refill of still and sparkling water at the bar. That’s the X factor.

On conclusion, whether for leisure or business, it is an excellent choice to stay at Courtyard by Marriot in North Ryde.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 2 November 2020

Checked in and professional service. As Elite Platinum members we received free parking and breakfast, along with a bottle of good wine and cheese delivered to our room swiftly.
Room clean with all amenities. On 8 th floor corner room so great view of the area.
A most comfortable stay highlighted by a great breakfast professionally presented.
Full marks to a good staff and management.

Room tip: Try for higher floors.
Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank John V
James Deverich, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Dear John,

We value your business and are sorry to here the stay was not up to scratch. If I can be of assistance in the future to make a stay more comfortable or as you wish please let me know, please ask for James should there be anything on your next visit.

Thanks again for your business, continued loyalty and feedback.

Safe Travels,

James.

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

I had a nice 2-night stay recently. The 2-queen room was roomy enough for the kids and I, and was spotless. The pillows though were not comfortable at all. One wasn't high enough, yet two were too high. I struggled to get any sleep as a consequence. That aside, the staff were friendly. The breakfast was hearty, if lacking in healthy options.

I ate at the restaurant for one night and got room service the next. The food was nice, and came through fairly promptly. The gym too was well equipped for a good workout. The train station is a few hundred metres away which meant Chatswood is accessible. We even walked to Macquarie Centre which was a doddle away.

All in all, I enjoyed exploring this side of Sydney. There's a lot happening and the Courtyard is there in the thick of things. I'm glad I tried a place outside the CBD for a change.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lunarboogie
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

We had one nights accommodation to go see Queen, an excellent position as the bus to Olympic Park was just across the road!! The room was lovely, appeared to be recently renovated. The breakfast on the other hand was very ordinary, crap coffee and expensive!! Certainly not worth the $32 we were charged!! We would have been better off going to McDonalds across the road!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank tonig548
JamesD6750, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Thanks for the feedback, if the buffet breakfast is not your cup of tea perhaps order an omelet or something from to order from the kitchen. If I can be of assistance in the future to make a stay more comfortable please let me know.