“Canceled!”
Review of Lady Enid Sailing

Lady Enid Sailing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lady Enid recreates that classic age of yachting enjoyed in the 1960’s when sailing was more about elegance and chic than corporate sponsorship and carbon fibre. The experience of sailing to Whitehaven Beach on this beautiful and rare classic gives as much to the day as the the destination. Become involved as much or as little as you like.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

SO SAD! Husband and I booked this months before our trip from the U.A and it was going to be one of the highlights! It looked absolutely beautiful, fun and engaging. We arrived to Port Airlie the day before and got a phone call around 4:20. They were canceling our tour for the following morning. Although they claimed to have tried to reach us all day, I had no voicemails. As a traveler, I didn’t have data as we drove but would have received voicemails when I got on WiFi at least 3 times that drive (or email). It was scheduled for a Monday (after father day) and although it is winter there, I find it hard to believe they had no other reservations for that day (that’s what they said to us anyway). The receptionist was nice, said we would get a full refund and she would have a travel agent contact us to set up something. We were only there for 2 nights and couldn’t go on their Tuesday/Wednesday scheduled tour as it would interfere with our plans. Now, the sight we booked did have a disclaimer saying the company had 24 hours from day of departure to cancel BUT I find it unprofessional for them to not leave a voicemail, email, or try and contact the buyers sooner if they think they might have to cancel a reservation due to lack of people. If they called us a week in advance, 4 days, even 2 days before and say they may have to cancel because the lack of people, we could have looked into other options sooner and save ourselves the stress. Instead, I was left crying thinking we were going to miss out on the beautiful experience of Whitsunday. Anyway, we decided to look up other companies as it seemed no agent was calling us and it was getting closer and closer to closing time! We scrambled and found another company, and an hour and a half later an agent called. We thanked her and told her we were set. Although this looks lovely and they have high reviews, I’m so disappointed in the way they handled our cancelation. I don’t recommend making a reservation with this company at this time.

1  Thank kfeam
"sailing experience"
in 5 reviews
"morning tea"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
in 4 reviews
"white haven"

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were so impressed by this tour, enough time at the beach and snorkelling. The thing that topped it for me was the high quality delicious array of foods and very generous amounts, I'm a big eater and was impressed.
Great crew. Beautiful boat and location.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We received a confirmation email & text for our booking, however on the day (4 days later) we were waiting for over half an hour past their scheduled time (7.15am). We phoned only to find out they had cancelled without notifying us. We were told an email had been sent, but it hasn’t been received (we checked spam folders etc). No apology, just told the boat has a problem, and they’re sick. We paid for a luxury sail, and expected the service would match, or at least there would be basic service. Bitterly disappointing.

Luckily we were able to get on another boat. I’d highly recommend one of the jet boats - not as romantic, but they have great service & communication

GBG2, Owner at Lady Enid Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Jon,

As explained when I spoke to you on the phone, while profusely apologising for the inconvenience this has caused you (that was my apology). As explained we did send you an email via our Rezdy reservations system on the 2nd June at approximately 9am as per our records on our system. I did not phone you as I had no voice, due to a very bad virus and as you had noted your email details on the booking, I used those details to communicate with you.

As explained to you, we had to cancel the tour 2 days prior to your travel date due to unforeseen circumstances which forced us into unscheduled maintenance. We are also disappointed that we have not been able to operate while we fix the problem so our guests can be assured of a safe and enjoyable experience.

Therefore we did not cancel without notifying you, you just never received the email, of which I cannot explain why as it is automated via our system and a record stated.

Kind regards
Nicole

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The owner doesn't return calls and the people answering the phone are clueless and couldn't care less or know anything about answering simple questions. They took my credit card details without providing cost or any confirmation email. Called three times, each time i was promised they call me back which they never did. I cancelled my booking because of lack of proper communication and minimal CS. I didn't even receive the promised cancellation email. Beware.

Date of experience: May 2018
GBG2, Owner at Lady Enid Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

I am a little perplexed with your review as our customer service operator who has to log each call of which I then get an instant email providing details. This is also our way to ensure we have a detailed record of each call.

I have not received any message, especially 3 messages by the same person regarding a booking.

If you did make a booking and If we did take your credit card details over the phone we would have asked for your email details so an email would be sent to you confirming that we had your booking.

I am concerned as you say you have cancelled your booking, but we have not had a cancellation over the past couple of weeks, therefore your card may be charged.

Are you sure we are reviewing the correct tour operator, have you booked Lady Enid Sailing? As I do not know your name I urge you to email me via our website with your booking reference number (as you would have received this when you made the booking) to ensure we do not charge your card and classify your booking as a no show on the day.

Kind regards