“Delicious food, attentive staff and amazing view.”

The Rising Sun Bar & Bistro
Ranked #23 of 65 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Standing proudly in the middle of Williams esplanade we offer all day dining with a relaxed coastal vibe. We focus on being a house of good food and a home of hospitality, offering locally sourced products, a great variety of beverages, outside dining and a kids corner. So go where the locals go and come on down to The Rising Sun!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had lunch and dinner at this resraurant and the food and service were excellent and reasonable priced. For lunch my husband and I shared a generous sized grazing platter that included cured meats, olives, prawns, three dips, pickled vegetables and grilled sourdough bread. For dinner I had the coconut roasted pork ribs and my husband had the grilled barramundi. The ribs were succulent and very flavoursome and the barramundi cooked perfectly, it was served with frys and salad. Will definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

It is with great disappiontment that I have to submit a negative report pertaining to what was once a great restaurant. Having dined at Rising Sun for some years myself and a friend went to the restaurant for dinner. The waitperson was both unfriendly and aggressive. When having to ask for a drink...in an empty restaurant...we were referred to as having an attitude. The downhill spiral just continued until we walked out. While the waitpersons performance was totally unacceptable blame must lay with management who would allow such a performance to be seen as acceptable. Just so disappointing to witness a restaurant which enjoyed a fine reputation slide into the depths of totally unacceptable standards.... Really hate to say it but give the place a miss. There are so many more places in Palm Cove which actually value your custom.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RNPCairns
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here while on holiday.

Although the service is perhaps a little slow by city standards, it fits with the classy but relaxed vibe of the cafe.

The food we ate was fantastic - I had a Super Food Salad that exceeded all expectations.

The staff are friendly but not intrusive and the location is superb - right across from the beach and some stunning views.

I’d come back for sure.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful seafood and friendly service. We enjoyed the rice paper rolls with prawn and papaya , and the grilled Cobia. Happy to recommend.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Recently went for dinner with my daughter. I had the pork ribs, which was delicious, and my daughter ordered the nachos. Serves were very generous. The waitress was pleasant, though under the pump. Overall a pleasant evening, would recommend.

2  Thank Robyn B