“Excellent standard”

Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Standing proudly in the middle of Williams esplanade we offer all day dining with a relaxed coastal vibe. We focus on being a house of good food and a home of hospitality, offering locally sourced products, a great variety of beverages, outside dining and a kids corner. So go where the locals go and come on down to The Rising Sun!
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had our best experience in Palm Cove at this hidden gem.
What I really liked was the attitude of the staff.
They were all friendly and competent which is a rarity in my experience of this beautiful area of the world. Our waitress Zoe was amazing. I hope her employers appreciate what a talent she is.
Our meals were great too so the kitchen also deserve congratulations.
I strongly recommend this place

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our meals and my daughter has food allergies and they were very accommodating. Beautiful spot and friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

This little gem is the casual sideshoot of the well known NuNus, and you can tell that the concept and management are influenced by genuinely experienced restaurateurs. It deserves a gong all of its own. The great location and relaxed vibe are solidly backed up by an awesome menu and very respectable winelist. Serving sizes are dare I say too big, and the food so delicious that eating everything is the only option.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

First looks in the day looked tropical, fun and like a good place to go. Kids eat free 5-6 so that was a draw card.
Well this place really did not live up to first impressions.
The cocktails looked amazing on paper but the real deal was underwhelming. The unicorn margarita looked like a regular lemon margarita, I was hoping for a pop of colour or something that resembles a unicorn. The capriosca was super sour as well.
Food took a long time to come and we had to purchase kids colouring packs too.
The spicy chicken burger had no spice at all and there was no apple in the apple slaw!‍♀️
Overall it was an experience we won’t repeat. Too expensive for sub optimal cuisine......
Sorry guys time to lift your game... I really wanted to like you.

1  Thank Lissylewis
Reviewed 2 October 2018

disappointing two times in the row. once I got served a very bad espresso and waiter snapped on us after we ask to remove from the bill.

this weekend we had maybe the most expensive chips, just a serving of chips, for a total of AUD 10? a joke, my partner asked for gravy, but got served some kind of peppercorn jus, no matter if you do not have gravy on hand, but advise the guest and not serve something what the chef guess,,,,,,

will stay away from this venue

Date of visit: September 2018