“Poor Selection of Vegetarian Options”

Lime & Pepper Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 65 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining at Peppers Beach Club & Spa Lime & Pepper Peppers Beach Club & Spa's signature restaurant Lime & Pepper offers a combination of diversified cuisine incorporating the sumptuous and distinct flavours of the tropics. Utilising a variety of local produce, Lime & Pepper's Executive Chef creates an array of impeccably presented dishes which are designed to complement the restaurant's beautiful beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. Lime & Pepper's carefully crafted menu goes hand in hand with a varied wine list and stylish surrounds completing your sensory journey.
Reviewed 9 November 2018

The menu doesn't seem to have changed since my visit here last year, with a very poor selection for vegetarians and vegans. The vegetarian and vegan lifestyles are becoming more and more mainstream and the restaurant should consider revising its menu to reflect this change in eating habits across the world. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, but a couple of the waiting staff appeared that they would rather have been elsewhere.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Don't go here if you are a couple; groups go first.
Why eat here when there so many other nice and better restaurants?

Date of visit: October 2018
PBCS_GM, Restaurant Manager at Lime & Pepper Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Ecape293043

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please feel free to get in contact with me sabrina.miers@peppers.com.au to diuss your expierence further.Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you again at Lime & Pepper.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Went to Lime and Pepper for lunch and had the special deals which were well priced. Burger was great and quite large and the chicken salad was plentiful and tasty. Didn't make it for dinner but going by the lunch I'm sure it would be well worth it. Will return for dinner when we get back there.

Dear Bazbazoo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent dining experience at Lime & Peppers restaurant. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the meals. I will make sure to pass on your great feedback to the kitchen team. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

My adult daughter and myself were on a girls getaway, staying in Palm Cove. We came across Lime and Pepper one lunch and ordered the whole fish to share. OMG what a delight to the senses, looked fantastic and tasted even better. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the view amazing. A definite must do.

Dear Robyn B

I’m so pleased to read your review and know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at our restaurant Lime & Pepper.
Delighted to hear you found our menu and the team to be of excellent quality and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the restaurant very soon.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Apparently it used to be awesome here but since losing their chef they have agency staff and you can definitely notice it without being told that. Another guest told me a few days in. The food wasn’t great, edible but nothing to write home about... one of the older ladies there each day with short black hair wouldn’t know how to smile and was short with us each day, generally most the staff seemed they’d rather be elsewhere than in the restaurant. It’s not hard to say good morning but they found it hard! Been to many hotel buffet breakfasts and not experienced this before.
The pastries weren’t heated and served right so they were dense instead of fluffy and flaky every day. There was always a cue for the toaster so our hot food that wasn’t really hot to begin with was cold by the time we sat to eat it. Had many jokes with other guests each day about it. We wouldn’t have gone if it wasn’t included in our package and by the 3rd and 4th morning I just had tea and something small which I didn’t finish so grabbed some whole pieces of fruit to have back at the room. On the last morning I was over it and didn’t go. The tea pots, plates and cups weren’t all clean and big plates for hot food better but still not great so we had to sift through to find the cleanest. I gave two dirty cups to a lady one day and showed her they came from the clean pile and she didn’t say a word just took them from me and walked away.
Because breakfast wasn’t good we didn’t eat there for dinner so can’t comment on that.
It’s a shame, the location and atmosphere with the setup is awesome so hopefully they get a good permanent chef there soon. Wouldn’t pay $30 for it that’s for sure, would rather find somewhere else for breakfast.

Date of visit: October 2018
PBCS_GM, Restaurant Miers at Lime & Pepper Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Nesca3,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent breakfast experience at Lime & Pepper restaurant. I'm concerned to hear that the service provided and meals served did not live up to your expectations. I do apologize for such as bad experience and do welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding your dining experience and can be contacted directly at the resort on 07 40599200 or per email sabrina.miers@peppers.com.au.

Restaurant Manger