“awesome!”

Muriwai Beach Horse Treks
More attraction details
Owner description: Muriwai Beach Horse Treks offers the best way to see the beautiful West Coast. Meander along the stunning sparkling black sand beach, or cantering along the glistening waters edge, cross the sand dunes and enter the enchanting forest.We cater for all levels and abilities, and offer treks from 1 hour through to multi day rides.
Reviewed 28 May 2017

What a great time we had! Extremely well behaved horses even Strawberry the farting horse bless her! Instructors made you feel looked after and confident they were in charge. Great fun, fantastic scenery, well worth it! A different side to Auckland you wouldn't normally get to see. Would absolutely recommend for beginners to experienced riders. Thanks for the tip for lunch Erin Hallertau was awesome!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We took our four children (aged from five years old to eleven years old) on the one hour trek and they all enjoyed themselves (as did we!) The beach was stunning and the forest was lovely. Jess and Selena (the guides) were both really nice and helped put us all at ease, as we are all beginners. We had a great time!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Wonderful morning for a horse ride along the beach and through the forest. The staff are friendly and patient. The horses are individual characters and you will inevitably fall in love. Spectacular beaches in this are worth visiting. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent day out. I'm an experienced rider and got to go off for a couple of canters with one of the guides while my partner and his family could stick to the lovely scenic track to continue walking. Well trained, very healthy horses, lovely staff, fantastic scenery. A lovely day.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I came along with my friend and had a blast! It was a bit scary at first and some basic instructions would really have helped me feel more confident but I asked the other riders what to do. The scenery is breathtaking, especially at the top of the dunes and through the forest. My horse didn't like the one behind me so it kept turning its head around, which is a bit daunting for a beginner. All in all I highly recommend this trek with the lovely ladies running it. The horses are beautiful and happy and the ride itself is wonderful.