“Can't wait to return !!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Terrace of two bedroom bungalow just steps to the pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Terrace of two bedroom bungalow just steps to the pool
Walkway leading to pool and two bedroom bungalow
King Bedroom (optional air conditioning)
Fully Stocked Kitchen
Queen Bedroom
Two bedroom bungalow with studio just steps away - rented together can accommodate up to 6 people
One bedroom bungalow garden setting
Two bedroom bungalow
Catamaran Excursions
Countryside
More of the Country
Daily Fishing Excursions
Fish Market (Fresh Catch of the Day)
Kite Excursions/Schools
Los Haitises
Sailing School
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Linda M
Newcastle, Canada
“Can't wait to return !!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in January 2014

First of all...many thanks to Carolyn (owner) for her hospitality
during my visit Jan.16 - 28.

Her property is a nice alternative to a large, busy resort.
Transportation to and from the airport (1/2 hr) was pre-arranged
by the owner...a no-brainer for travelling alone into unknown
territory.

A gated compound allowed me to feel secure. The owner was
available when needed, but gave me space and privacy to enjoy
the property...the beautiful pool and gardens.

My accommodations were clean and comfortable, providing the
necessary amenities plus a few extra bonuses!

Downtown Las Terrenas provides all required necessities. The
Beautiful beach is just a 5 minute walk. You can walk for kms.
or stop for drinks and get something to eat at a number of
different establishments. The beach itself appeared clean
and not overcrowded.

So learn some Spanish and enjoy!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
12 Apr 2014
I look forward to your return and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here!
PoppaGoos...
Bowmanville, Canada
“Our own piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Carolyn is a very gracious hostess and really welcomed us into her piece of paradise. Our bungalow had all the special Carolyn touches to make me feel at home Instantly. She arranged for our transportation to and from the airport which was a scenic 50 minute drive and even had lunch prepared for us when we arrived. The property is so close to the ocean (6 minute walk), one day we walked the beach for over an hour, the beach just keeps on going we only turned around because I was thirsty. We would walk into Las Terrenas for groceries and I recommend stopping at the french bakery and going through the shops. I loved having my morning tea and reading my book on the deck off my bungalow it was so peacful and private, there are gardens and ponds that attract birds, turtles and bull frogs lol, and everyday the staff are trimming and cleaning, one morning I received a coconut just cut from the tree. Everything is so well kept including a nice pool for cooling off or seating on the lounge chair sunning or reading. When we left the propery all we took was our key and money. We were able to experience this part of the Dominican in an authentic way from having a drink along the roadside to a dancing lesson from Juan at his brothers bar one night. Tell Juan the princess will take lessons before we return. We had lunch and dinner at restaurants Carolyn recommended and although my Fish Burger at Alex's Burger Hut was great and it is not fair to compare but my Schnitzel at Navia's was amazing. Thanks Carolyn

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: That we couldn't stay
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Apr 2014
Happy to hear that you enjoyed my little piece of paradise and look forward to your return!
Prowler42
“Best 5 weeks in El Nido de Las Ballenas paradise!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Carolyn and staff are the most gracious of hosts and really welcomed us into their piece of paradise. We spent five weeks at El Nido de Las Ballenas and the time flew by and we enjoyed everyday. All the personal touches that you do Carolyn really show and make El Nido de Las Ballenas a second home we want to return to! We will miss our morning licks from Beethoven. The property is so close to the ocean. We walked almost daily to the ocean or into town. Everyone was so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We will miss it all and more. We will be sure to return.

Thanks for making us feel like family.

23 Mar 2014
Thank You, we truly miss you both here and loved having you!!! I am happy that you were able to enjoy my little piece of paradise as much as I do and we look forward to your return soon!
Newcastle Ontario Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
6 Mar 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy that you had a wonderful time enjoying this little piece of paradise - look forward to your return soon!
Fran4666
Orillia, Canada
“Unique Vacation Alternative”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We were fortunate to be able to visit with a friend of the owner for the day, and made full use of the amenities. The property has 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom, and studio accommodation, with a great pool, and a homey vibe. A short walk to the greatest beach in the world, in Las Terrenas, with shops, restaurants, and a great atmosphere. The owner will accomodate meals if required, and is working with several local businesses to provide extras for her guests. An Ex-pat Canadian, Carolyn will do her best to make sure you enjoy your stay. Check out her website www.elnidodellasballenas.com. It is a great place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Homey Appeal
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
2 Mar 2014
I enjoyed having all of you visit giving everyone the opportunity to see and enjoy my little piece of paradise. I hope to see all of you back one day for a longer visit with me!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing