Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lynley S

An extremely distressing experience

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Feb 2024
On 29th January 2024 I booked two nights accommodation for 25th and 26th February 2024 on their own website and received a confirmation email. On 24th February I received a reservation reminder from them confirming all still booked for the next day. We turned up on 25th Feb to be told by the receptionist the booking had been cancelled. She couldn't tell me who cancelled it but it sure wasn't us. She kept going on about booking.com but it wasn't booked through them and she just wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. She also had the audacity to try and put the blame on me saying I should have rung a couple of days before to confirm the booking. Why would I when I had received confirmation by email the previous day? Trying to find alternative accommodation is Arrowtown is near impossible as a walk in. I was going to let this slide but because I received an email from them asking how my stay was and to leave a review, rubbed salt into the wound, I decided to share my experience.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 3 Mar 2024
Hi Lynley,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review with regards to your booking.
We are sorry to hear that your booking was cancelled in our system, and no one was aware till your arrival.
I have been through our system and tried to find where the fault may have been but have yet to find what has happened.
I would like to offer my sincerest apology for what has happened re your booking and being left to find alternative accommodation at the drop of a hat. If you choose to stay with us in the future, please will you contact me directly as I would like to offer you a discount towards future bookings as an apology for your destressing experience.

Settlers Cottage Motels
    $214
0.0 km from Arrowtown Motel Apartments
5.1 km from Arrowtown Motel Apartments
View more hotels in Arrowtown
All reviews small supermarket quiet street comfortable bed a lovely place to stay south island minute walk nice stay one night stay unit queenstown accommodation furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2024

There was ample parking room, lavish décor, and a much-welcomed air conditioner. We had a private balcony area which was open when we arrived, so the room was pleasantly cool. Reception trusted us with the key to the laundry after hours. Everything felt spacious and a bit decadent, only partly because our previous stay was at a backpackers.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Arrowtown Motel, General Manager at Arrowtown Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2024

Hi John,
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review with regards to your stay.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. All our deluxe rooms have private courtyards which are completely private.
I am happy that you really enjoyed your room and had a great experience.

Reviewed 16 January 2024

Absolutely lived this place. It was lovely and clean, had everything we needed. The room was large with a big TV on the wall with WiFi and apps so we were able to log onto our Netflix and other streaming channels we have. The bathroom was large and clean with lovely hand-wash, shower gel and shampoo supplied. The bed was comfortable which was a big thing for me. Outside was a table and 2 chairs along with a sun umbrella. It's approx 1.5kns from the main street so perfectly doable if you wanted to walk. Lovely and peaceful surroundings. The lady in the office was very good to deal with. Would definitely stay there again if ever we are back in Arrowtown.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holidayfamilytime
Arrowtown Motel, General Manager at Arrowtown Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2024

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review with regards to your stay.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time and found your room to be clean and comfortable.
The walk to town is not too far a mere 15mins with amazing views of the surrounding mountains.
We try to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible and have everything they should need while they are with us.

Reviewed 14 January 2024

It's located in a nice quiet suburb. Like the location. The apartment is a bit tight for 3 of us tho' it's a one bedroom.
Limited parking. It's a first come first served basis.
Overall not a bad place to stay if you want to be out of the queenstown busyness.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Arrowtown Motel, General Manager at Arrowtown Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2024

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review with regards to your stay.
We are located in a quieter part of Arrowtown with a 15 min walk to the town centre.
There is enough parking for 1 car per room and they are not allocated to the rooms, so you are able to park in any of the spots.
I am sorry you found your room to be a bit tight for the 3 of you.

Reviewed 27 December 2023

Very quiet and meticulously maintained motel in a residential neighborhood of Arrowtown but only several minutes from city centre of Arrowtown and 20 minutes from the expense and congestion of Queenstown. For us, this site was the way to go and we are glad we chose this lodging. There were plenty of places to eat in Arrowtown, and still enjoy what there was to offer in the Queenstown region.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Arrowtown Motel, General Manager at Arrowtown Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2024

Hi timothyy554,
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review with regards to your stay.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
Arrowtown is a 20 min drive away from Queenstown and allows for a much quieter and relaxing stay than in the Hussle and Bussle that Queenstown is.
Arrowtown has a number of amazing Restaurants and Bars as well as breath taking walks and views.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 November 2023 via mobile

Very pleasant stay. The unit was very clean and well-appointed with plenty of towels and bedding. The unit was serviced every day except the last, with clean towels, face flannels and tea towels provide each day. Excellent shower. Free Wifi is provided although it did drop out frequently (perhaps due to all the other broadcast Wifi networks from the heat pumps)! Very helpful & pleasant hosts.

Room tip: Wifi signal to the units could be improved.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Arrowtown Motel, General Manager at Arrowtown Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2023

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review with regards to your stay.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time and everything was to your liking.
Thanks for letting us know about the wifi dropping out I will have a look into it as it is not ideal.