“Best Pork Ramen Ever”
Review of Fan - Tan

Fan - Tan
Ranked #22 of 43 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Description: Fan-Tan is a story of East meets West. The name orignates from the game, long played in China with beans or pebbles and evokes Arrowtown’s goldrush history, when, in the 1860’s Chinese miners brought their own gambling games to the goldfields. Our cuisine is a fusion of European, NZ, Pacifica food with flavours influenced from Asia. It is simple delicious food, designed for sharing and as our name suggests, “brings a sense of joy, pleasure and entertainment”.
Reviewed 15 July 2018

So we did a day trip to Arrowtown and happened on this eatery for lunch.

I had the Pork Belly ramen and the missus had the Buddha Bowl. I can say without a doubt that it was the most delicious ramen I had in a while that I drank all the soup as well.

Service was quick despite the one person serving.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Out of 8 people for lunch everyone thought the food was excellent. From pork ribs, Hawker roll, pork buns, and dumplings. Not to forget the fries with five spice coating I think were so good. I prefer my dumplings steamed only and not done in the pan but this is only my taste. Coconut martini was so good and a asian influenced bloody Mary was enjoyed by a friend.
We were well looked after. I would certainly eat here next time in Arrowtown and recommend to others. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. Bathrooms very clean and tidy.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We got a very friendly young lady servings us who was very knowledgeable on what she was selling and providing. The food was stunning in flavours and presentation. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 23 May 2018

It is fusion restaurant and we were able to try thai, Korean and Japanese. only one place. but good tasty and reasonable price.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Sat at the counter, we're blown away at how such a small kitchen and cooking staff could crank out such a wide variety of complex, excellent food. The serving staff was attentive and efficient.