Open today: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome Working Museum.

Fantastic opportunity to get up close to some of the icons of New Zealand’s aviation history - with... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2020
MarkR986
Dunedin, New Zealand
via mobile
Little Gem

Reviewed 22 February 2020
Sandra S
Auckland, New Zealand

All reviews scale model working museum static displays new zealand ardmore spitfire skyhawk mustang collection visitors enthusiasts knowledge auckland
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2020

At Ardmore Aerodrome - south of Auckland. Interesting guided visit around the War Birds Facility, get up close to the war planes. Beautiful display. Would suggest combine with a visit to the Auckland Botanical Gardens. A Great Auckland Day Out.

Date of experience: February 2020
NZBenS, Volunteer at NZ Warbirds Association, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Thank you Sandra for taking the time to post a review about our attraction. We strive to provide a great day out for all ages especially at one of our annual open days! Please come again. :-)

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Lovely cafe with a great view of all the planes taking off. The museum guides are super friendly and my son absolutely loves coming here. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our attraction.

Reviewed 26 January 2020

On the Ardmore Airport (the busiest airport in the southern hemisphere) are two hangers of war planes. I have lived nearby for years and the planes often fly over my house but I have never before visited the exhibition.
They have a Spitfire, a P45 Mustang, a Skyhawk and many many more aircraft. Almost all of them still fly. I was fascinated by the pre-WWII planes. The beauty of the engineering is fascinating and there are not many places you can get so close to the planes. You can also pay to have a flight in many of he planes. That is something I am planning for later in the year.
The staff were all very helpful and knowledgeable. I will be taking all my visitors there in future.

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you Howard for taking the time to review our attraction. Our staff and volunteers pride ourselves on making visitors experiences memorable and enjoy sharing our knowledge about our special aircraft. Please visit us again!

Reviewed 2 November 2019 via mobile

After having a nice lunch at the local cafe watching the small planes take off we went to visit the nearby Warbirds Museum. On arrival we were greeted by a very enthusiast guide and entered the museum. Inside are a variety of firstly World War Two planes all in great condition with most in flying order-some maybe missing from display as they are out flying. Upstairs is a large model collection and interesting information boards. A short walk away are the World War One planes many of which also fly. A number of the planes are available for the public to go flying in as a passenger. A smallish but beautifully presented collection of aircraft well worth visiting.

Date of experience: November 2019
NZBenS, Volunteer at NZ Warbirds Association, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our attraction. We agree that our volunteer guides are an enthusiastic group of people who appreciate hearing that their time has been put to good use to make your visit enjoyable and worthwhile. We are very lucky to have such a diverse range of airworthy WW1 and WW2 types and endeavour to continue to improve our attraction for visitors such as yourself.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2019

What a birthday gift from my family. A stunning flight and my wife said my smile after climb (clambering) out of the cockpit was to be seen. Gary my pilot was totally professional and made it all so enjoyable. The wing overs and barrel rolls left me whooping, and the low level run through the Hunuas the icing on the cake. If you have ever thought of doing something like this then you have to visit Warbirds Adventure Ride at Ardmore.

Date of experience: June 2019
NZBenS, Volunteer at NZ Warbirds Association, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our organisation. We are glad that you enjoyed your flight with one of our dedicated pilots and your time with us out at Ardmore. Please coma and visit again.